Who We Are
For 25 years, Aptima’s mission has been to improve and optimize performance in mission-critical, technology-intensive settings. We apply deep expertise in how humans think, learn, and perform to today’s challenges. Whether for fighter pilots functioning in the cockpit, medical staff in the ICU, or teams collaborating across distributed networks, our solutions help measure, assess, inform, and augment human performance in defense, intel, aviation, law enforcement, and healthcare.
What You’ll Do
As a Learning Analytics Researcher, you will contribute to research related to its Precision Learning and Readiness Capability. Aptima is looking for an experienced individual to work in collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams to develop solutions and tools aimed towards assessing learner states and personalizing learning across learning environments.
The ideal candidate should have a strong command of theory related to how adults learn but also have strong computational skills such that advanced data analytics can be conducted on learning and training data. We are specifically looking for an individual to apply data analytic techniques to understanding growth and development over time at the individual, team, and organizational level. The individual in this position will collaborate with software engineers, within an agile development environment, to implement, test, and apply mathematical algorithms from research. They will also collaborate with research psychologists and scientists in experiment design and validation exercises.
- Proficiency with the processes, tools and techniques necessary to apply learning analytics across a variety of datasets and problem spaces.
- Knowledge of learning analytics as a discipline (e.g. history, concepts, theories, methodologies, stakeholders, legal and ethical issues) and application to educational solutions and technologies.
- Knowledge of reinforcement learning algorithms.
- Knowledge of educational data sources (e.g. learning management systems) and the development, validation, and use of multi-modal learner assessments.
- Knowledge and skill in using relevant software and tools (i.e. R, Tableau, Gephi, etc.) in support of learning analytics and personalized learning solutions and technology.
- Ability to understand and apply analytic processes and computational techniques (e.g. data visualization, text mining, machine learning, network analysis) within the context of learning platforms and tools.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience leading multidisciplinary project teams.
- Experience writing proposals.
- DoD/Military experience.
- U.S. Citizenship required or the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
- Master’s Degree in Learning Analytics, Educational Psychology or other relevant field
- At least two years of experience, at least five years of experience is preferred
Working Conditions (ADA accommodations may be sought)
- Up to 20% travel expected
All applicants selected will be subject to a background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Aptima, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to non-discrimination in employment. We select the most qualified individual for the job based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, credit history, sexual orientation, arrest and court record, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or other applicable laws.
Aptima, Inc. participates in the US Government E-Verify Program. For more information, click on http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
EOE MINORITIES/FEMALES/PROTECTED VETERANS/DISABLED