Founded in 1985, the Arab-American Business and Professional Association (ABPA) is an organization that prides itself on its ability to serve as a multi-way bridge between the U.S. and the Arab world – providing a platform to connect local and international investors with businesses, harnessing and steering the economic capacity of the Arab-American community locally, and enhancing the competencies of Arab-American professionals to be competitive in the local and global marketplace. ABPA Institute is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to providing minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and Arab-Americans across the United States with internship & professional development to boost participation in political, legislative & civic services, federal agencies, Fortune 500 companies, and Think Tanks.
The Communication and Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for supporting and assisting ABPA Institute Program Manager on key projects. The Coordinator is focused on increasing, broadening and deepening program participation. The Coordinator also helps develop collaborative relationships with a wide variety organization and recruits students to take part in ABPA Institute’s Internship Placement Program.
Hours and Compensation: $15.00 an hour. This is a remote and part-time position, minimum 20 hours a week a with flexible schedule.
- Screen applicants for our Internship Placement Program
- Conduct web research as requested and maintain steady progress of student document files/folders
- Assisting in outreach efforts to increase outreach and placement partners
- Manage outreach efforts to civic organizations
- Maintains databases of community and press contacts
- Attending organizational meetings with Program Manager and taking meeting minutes
- Communicate with the ABPA Student Ambassadors in college campuses and organize outreach efforts
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with staff and external partners
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work effectively and independently
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in order to contribute to problem-solving activities within a growing, changing organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with the Arab-American culture is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
(For this position, DC, MD, VA residents will receive W-2 / residents outside of DC, MD, VA will receive 1099 forms)