Founded in 1985, the Arab-American Business and Professional Association (ABPA) is an organization that prides itself on its ability to serve as a multi-way bridge between the U.S. and the Arab world – providing a platform to connect local and international investors with businesses, harnessing and steering the economic capacity of the Arab-American community locally, and enhancing the competencies of Arab-American professionals to be competitive in the local and global marketplace. ABPA Institute is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to providing minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and Arab-Americans across the United States with internship & professional development to boost participation in political, legislative & civic services, federal agencies, Fortune 500 companies, and Think Tanks.
Social Media and Web Design Coordinator will be responsible for supporting and assisting ABPA Institute Program Manager on key projects. The Coordinator is focused on maintaining ABPA Institute accounts on social media platforms. The Coordinator also helps develop collaborative relationships with variety organizations through social media. The Coordinator will be also responsible for updating the webpage and its maintenance.
Hours and Compensation: $15.00/hour. This is a remote and part-time position, minimum 20 hours a week a with a flexible schedule.
- Manages the organizations social media accounts and posts content.
- Monitor various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Analyzes analytics to gauge the success of campaigns.
- Engaging and innovative content on social media platforms
- Designing and promoting the organization’s newsletter
- Updating the events and newsletters on the website
- Using social media to support outreach campaigns
- Using social and other digital media platforms to engage underserved communities
· Editing, proofreading, and writing
· Strong research abilities
· Social media management
· Knowledge managing and updating websites
· Create infographics
· Working both independently and collaboratively on assigned tasks in a virtual environment
· Using website and social media analytics tools (e.g., Facebook & Instagram Insights, Twitter &
LinkedIn Analytics, Google Analytics)
· Using Google Docs, One Drive, Share-Point, Microsoft Office Teams, and other online
· Basic experience with Content Management Systems (WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc.)
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Educational background in communications, digital marketing or related fields
(For this position, DC, MD, VA residents will receive W-2 / residents outside of DC, MD, VA will receive 1099 forms)