An organized, detail-oriented professional who will provide administrative and operations support to Arabella’s Client Development team.
You are mission driven and action oriented. You love to get involved, and work as part of a team to accomplish something great. Any job is your job if it helps the team succeed, and you thrive on variety. Today, you’re looking for a role where you can use those traits to make a real difference in the world by advancing the most important social issues facing humanity today.
If that sounds like you, Arabella Advisors can’t wait to meet you.
We’re looking for a resourceful, detail-oriented, organized, high-performing individual to serve as a Coordinator to the Client Development team. This is an excellent opportunity for an organized, client-service oriented individual who is interested in building a career in the social sector through exceptional work with senior leaders at Arabella and in the sector.
- Act as Sales Strategy and Operations counterpart to the Marketing and Communications team supporting the coordination of activities alongside the Client Development team.
- Manage Arabella’s General pipeline of business development opportunities in Salesforce
- Coordinate and support onboarding, training, and professional development activities for Client Development team members, including all scheduling, preparation logistics, delivery, and post-activity feedback surveys.
- Coordinate and manage logistics for teamwide retreats, social engagements, and other internal events, including all preparation meetings, day-of execution, and post-event details
- Provide comprehensive administrative and business development support to assigned MDs, including, but not limited to:
- Handling a high volume of requests for meetings, appointments, and scheduling
- Managing a complex calendar while coordinating travel arrangements and arranging out-of-town meetings for several nonprofit board affiliations, affinity groups, and other committees
- Compiling and processing expense reports and reimbursements
- Lead generator support and tracking, including pipeline maintenance and invoicing for a few contractors working directly with the Client Development team
- Oversee special projects and assignments as required
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- At least 1-2 years of professional experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred but not necessary
- Demonstrated experience anticipating the needs of senior leaders and planning time and materials appropriately
- Ability to work with high-profile individuals and demonstrated discretion with stakeholders
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage and make progress on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills and ability to draft high quality written materials and correspondence
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various and competing demands, and demonstrate elevated level of client service and responsiveness
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering and maintaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace
- Flexibility, initiative, and entrepreneurial spirit
Our Core Competencies:
- The ability to provide excellent service, including being able to address complex service matters, implement and communicate service changes to everyone involved, and to coach teammates on how to apply the firm’s service standards
- The ability to manage large-scale and cross-firm projects, including delegating and managing all resources, identifying and implementing improved processes, monitoring consistency across project teams, and providing direction and support to teammates
- The ability to facilitate and negotiate among stakeholders with conflicting needs and to generate consensus among decision makers
- The ability to help effectively communicate difficult messages; to adapt style, tone, and content to meet various needs; and to coach teammates on crafting content.
- The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including encouraging and facilitating effective compromise, drawing on the capabilities of all team members, and leading team-level knowledge sharing
- The ability to use available resources and feedback to continually develop mastery in your role and facilitate team and project-level learning, including coaching others
- The ability to solve complex challenges by identifying innovative solutions and facilitating coordination with others
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
Advancing DEI within our firm and in our work with partners is critical to our mission. To be effective partners to philanthropists, nonprofits, and communities impacted by philanthropic dollars, we need to have a highly diverse staff, a workplace where individuals are encouraged to retain their uniqueness and can feel a sense of belonging, and a nuanced understanding of the racial, ethnic, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, and other disparities that undergird the issues we engage in and the interactions we have with one another. For us, equity means that our staff members, our clients, and the people they serve can experience the same level of success, no matter their starting place. We expect all our employees to share this commitment, and always seek ways to improve how well we live these values. Click here to learn more about DEI at Arabella and read our official DEI statement.
Working with Us
While this position must be based in Durham, NC, please note that due to COVID-19, all Arabella Advisors’ offices are closed, and we remain a remote-first organization until further notice. We have a strong firm culture rooted in collaboration and in-person interactions between colleagues. To that end, once our offices reopen it is our expectation that all staff will generally work from the office according to a schedule agreed upon with their supervisor.
We offer a competitive and holistic total rewards package that includes salary, bonus, and benefits. Our base salaries are based on a blend of similar sized organizations from different sectors, including nonprofits, foundations, and professional service firms. They are also based on local market rates and differentiated by geography. You’ll start with 16 days of vacation, 10 days of personal time, and 20 hours of paid time to volunteer at an organization of your choice. In addition to seven federal holidays, you get to pick four more from a list of inclusive cultural and religious holidays and your birthday. Our competitive health package includes medical, vision, dental, and prescription insurance, and our retirement package includes a 401(k) plan that is fully vested from day one. We also provide funds for professional development, a fitness benefit, and cover part of your personal cell phone plan.
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers page to learn more.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
Arabella Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to racial equity. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We encourage you to read (or listen to) our DEI statement prior to applying. We make a particular effort to recruit people of color and members of marginalized groups to apply for open positions. Once you have applied, we welcome your feedback on how you have experienced our values around DEI in the recruitment process.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses, and all applicants must already be legally eligible to work in the United States at the time of application to be considered for this position.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.