About Arbor Biotechnologies:
We believe the solutions to some of the greatest challenges facing humanity are rooted in nature. By harnessing the power of nature to solve complex global problems, we are mining previously unexplored scientific territory. We have built a next-generation biodiscovery platform to uncover novel CRISPR enzymes and systems that can power transformative applications across a range of industries. Our actions as a company and as individuals are designed to maximize our impact on problems facing humanity.
At Arbor, we are at the cutting edge of biodiscovery, systematically searching through nature’s gene diversity to discover, characterize, and engineer new protein technologies for improving human health and sustainability. We are looking for a highly motivated intern to join our Computational Biology team this summer to help us identify and evaluate novel CRISPR nucleases. You will learn about and develop core information systems to tackle a range of challenges including high-throughput experimental design and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data analysis.
What we’re looking for
- Undergraduate or graduate student in Computer Science, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Statistics or a related field
- Interest in CRISPR biology
- Experience working with sequencing data
- Strong programming experience in Python
- Knowledge of software development practices such as version control
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with both computational and biological scientists
- Internship will last 8-12 weeks during Summer 2021 and will be remote
Arbor Biotechnologies is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Arbor Biotechnologies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Staffing agencies should not send resumes to our People & Community team or to any Arbor Biotechnologies employees. Arbor Biotechnologies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies.