Position ID: MT202101-P0
Position and Grade: Internship – Common Design
Business Solutions Section
Division of Information Technology
Department of Management
Duty Station: Vienna, Austria
Duration of Appointment/Start: 1 year, July/August 2021
The purpose of this internship is to support the Innovation Lead with promoting organizational innovation by demonstrating benefits of readily available technology and rapid exploration of new ideas from across the IAEA.
Tasks / Key Results Expected
The IT Innovation Intern will report to Innovation Lead managing the Innovation Programme in Business Solutions Section (BSS) of Division of Information Technology (MTIT).
The ideal incumbent is motivated individual, passionate about the role technology can play in innovation, a quick learner and hands-on.
Under the guidance of the Innovation Lead, the intern will be required to:
- Research current and not currently in use technologies, applications, frameworks and platforms at the IAEA in order to broaden the knowledge base and facilitate better technology decision making in BSS, MTIT and IAEA as the whole;
- Build rapid prototypes and Proof of Concepts (PoC) to determine fit and usability;
- Participate in communication to business through workshops, consulting, drop in sessions and other activities as required;
- Contribute to establishing an Innovation Programme by providing relevant inputs;
- Contribute in fostering innovation across the IAEA by suggesting ideas and drafting changes to existing processes and policies;
- Assist in on-going projects and activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Design or Behavioural Science
- Exposure to a diverse range of technologies
- Proven ability to learn new skills rapidly
- Ability to visualise and share information
- Candidates must be a minimum of 20 years of age and have completed at least three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a first degree.
- Candidates may apply up to one year after the completion of a bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate degree.
- Candidates must not have previously participated in the IAEA’s internship programme.
- Excellent written and spoken English essential; fluency in any other IAEA official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian) an asset.
- Candidates must attach two signed letters of recommendation to their application.