GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN
Arifu is looking to hire an ambitious and enthusiastic Graphic Design Intern to support the Business Development and Marketing team and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. The ideal candidate will be a talented and knowledgeable designer with creative ideas and an excellent eye for detail.
This is a 3-month full-time internship (with the possibility of extension depending on the candidate’s availability) and the role is open to candidates worldwide with good written and verbal skills in English and will be remote home office based given the Pandemic we’re in.
Arifu’s mission is to place information and opportunity in everyone’s hands. The Arifu chatbot is an omnichannel (SMS, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Telegram, and very soon Interactive Voice) enabled content marketplace and delivery platform that enables personalized advisory services that make learning FREE and RELEVANT whilst generating valuable insights and analytics for partners. Arifu has been able to provide learning to over 1.5 million people. We partner with organizations to digitize their in-person training programs, allowing anyone to access the content, anytime, on any mobile device. The Arifu personal adviser delivers content based on learner preferences and responses allowing for better engagement and impact.
What you will learn:
- Collaboration with the marketing team to develop design concepts and make necessary changes and adjustments.
- Creation and design of print and digital materials.
- Preparation of presentation materials for printing where appropriate.
- Use of graphic design software and technology to create and retouch images.
What we are looking for:
We’re also looking for someone who is motivated and proactive and can work collaboratively with team members, actively participate in discussions and decisions. You should be engaged and take pride in your work. In addition to these core characteristics, we’re looking for someone who fits most of the criteria below:
- Degree in a related field required or in the final year of university.
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in graphic design is an added advantage.
- Solid understanding of different graphic design techniques.
- Solid graphic design and video editing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, resource-constrained, early-stage work environment.
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Swahili is an asset.
- Experience creating marketing materials is an asset, particularly with video editing and presentations.
Arifu is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant. Arifu does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
Send your CV and cover letter (in Word format, and name it “FirstName LastName Graphic Design Intern”) to email@example.com with “Graphic Design Intern – Arifu” in the subject. If we see a good fit, we’ll get back to you to set up the first conversation.