UX DESIGN INTERN
Arifu is looking to hire a highly motivated UX Design Intern.
The UX Design Intern should be able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The UX Design Intern will also be expected to assist in the design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing. A good UX Designer Intern (product) must have empathy for the user, a deep understanding of user-centered design (UCD) and strong analytical abilities.
This is a 3-month full-time internship (with possibility of extension depending on the candidate’s availability) and the role is open to candidates worldwide with good written and verbal skills in English and will be remote home office based given the Pandemic we’re in.
Arifu’s mission is to place information and opportunity in everyone’s hands. The Arifu chatbot is an omni-channel (SMS, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Telegram, and very soon Interactive Voice) enabled content marketplace and delivery platform enables personalized advisory services that makes learning FREE and RELEVANT whilst generating valuable insights and analytics for partners. Arifu has been able to provide learning to over 1.5 million people. We partner with organizations to digitize their in-person training programs, allowing anyone to access the content, anytime, on any mobile device. The Arifu personal adviser delivers content based on learner preferences and responses allowing for better engagement and impact.
What you will learn::
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the Arifu’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core and new functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Help generate a list of feature ideas that meet Arifu’s product goals.
- Help the product team run those tests, identify those to drop and those to proceed with.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in building platforms (from a design/UX perspective) and interest in helping Arifu think through platform potential value add features to Arifu’s different stakeholders.
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
Your skills and competencies:
- A strong portfolio of work, with product development experience.
- Ability to work well with developers, designers, and QA testers in small project teams where you’re able to drive the user’s perspective.
- Working knowledge of mobile or web best practices and usability or UX principles.
- Proven collaboration skills, a good sense of humour, excellent communication skills (written and spoken) and a passion for all things UX.
- Well versed on methodology, study design, and analysis/reporting, including observational interviewing and task-based usability testing.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools.
- Proficient in wireframing tools such as Axure, Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, Gliffy, or any other wireframing tools suited for Web and Mobile app development.
- Demonstrable analytical skills to help problem-solving and to devise elegant user-centred solutions.
- Ability to articulate research and/or cognitive basis for opinions and decisions.
Arifu is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant. Arifu does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Send your CV and cover letter (in Word format, “FirstName LastName – UX Design Intern”) to email@example.com with “UX Design Intern” in the subject. If we see a good fit, we’ll get back to you to set up a first conversation.