At Arkadium our purpose is to have fun while creating fun – and that’s exactly what we’ve been doing for 20 years.
We’re the creators behind the world’s most-played games. From the Solitaire that came on your Windows machine, to hundreds of other games you’ve come to know and love – you can find our games on Arkadium.com, iOS, Android, and lots of other big sites worldwide.
As a proud Evergreen business our values of Fierce Drive, Positive Energy and Living Full Lives are the driving force behind how we run and the choices we make.
We’re privately held (aka stable and reasonable about growth), founder-led (aka passionate about our craft) and we consistently rank as a “Best Place to Work” (aka not your typical games company).
Interested in becoming an Arkadian? We’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for an exceptional intern to join our Games team. The ideal candidate is a motivated, creative and dynamic person looking to gain valuable, hands-on Game Design experience. All interns participate in Arkadium’s mentorship program, which pairs each Intern with an experienced professional who serves as mentor and coach.
As a Game Design intern, you will be involved in active learning projects. This will be an opportunity to learn how an online casual game is created from start to finish. You will:
- Assist with designing games that will be seen by millions. You will be exposed to multiple games in various genres that are going to be published
- Come up with new mechanics and sharpen your ability to communicate game ideas to teammates
- Support design documentation with wireframes mockups and recommend improvements
- Create and improve daily-content and level-design to deliver the best user experience
- Familiarize yourself with how an online casual game is created from start to finish
- Assist with building our games roadmap and with preproduction on upcoming games
- Facilitate process of preparing design documentation
- Help development team by reviewing and sharing feedback from players and understanding the characteristics of casual game audiences
- Gain valuable knowledge and experience in the gaming industry
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Creativity and original thinking
- Familiarity of popular mechanics, themes, and tropes in casual and mobile games
- Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Eagerness to learn and try new things
- Familiarity with the programming and art sides of game creation. Programming/scripting experience is a plus
This internship requires a 3-month minimum commitment of 3 days per week (20-25 hours total).
- An opportunity to work with the company that has the stability and resources of a big player, coupled with the spirit and flexibility of a start up
- A team that dreams big and strives to never settle for anything less than great
- A hands-on opportunity to impact Arkadium’s growth
- A unique culture of teamwork and fun
WE’VE BEEN RECOGNIZED!
- Business Intelligence Best Workplace – 2020, 2021
- Great Place to Work Certified – 2019, 2020
- Inc Magazine’s Best Workplace – 2016, 2017, 2019
- Forbes Small Giants – 2019