Aronson LLC provides a comprehensive platform of assurance, tax, and consulting solutions to today’s most active industry sectors and successful individuals. For more than 50 years, we have purposefully expanded our service offerings and deepened our industry specialties to better serve the needs of our clients, people, and community. From startup to exit, we help our clients maximize opportunity, minimize risk, and unlock their full potential.
Aronson, the largest independently owned public accounting firm based in the DC Metro Area, is growing organically, and we are looking for individuals who want to make an immediate and substantial impact on the future of our firm. We have an award winning culture, and have been ranked for nine consecutive years as one of the “Best Places to Work” in the Washington DC Metro Area. We have been recognized as experts in the industries and markets we serve, and acknowledged as an employer that offers its team members a voice. In 2019, our team members rated us the #1 Public Accounting Firm in the Washington DC Metro Area (Washington Business Journal) and as a “Top Workplace” by the Washington Post. Aronson is an AICPA major firm with a national and international reach, coupled with a local, personalized feel benefiting our team members and clients.
Aronson LLC has an immediate opening for an Experienced Associate or Senior Associate to join our nonprofit group within our Tax Practice. Our professionals in this group apply extensive specialty knowledge in their delivery of efficient and innovative tax services to a wide range of individuals and diverse set of organizations in the Greater Washington area.
- Apply strong technical tax accounting knowledge of exempt organizations on consulting and compliance engagements
- Prepare and review of tax returns
- Participate in the tax planning and consultation process for clients
- Assist Managers in identifying and researching various client issues, and communicate regularly with clients and upper firm management
- Mentor Staff Accountants and interns
- Participate in professional development activities, including training sessions and networking events
- Assist the recruiting team on an as needed basis with campus visits and in-office interviews
- 1-4 years of public accounting experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the preparation/review of tax returns
- Active CPA preferred; CPA candidate (150 credits to sit for the CPA exam) is required
- Degree in Accounting or related field required
- Exceptional writing skills
- Strong accounting, analytical, technical, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent presentation and communication abilities
- Willingness to travel locally (DC/MD/VA) on a limited basis
Team Member Statement of Understanding
Aronson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. Aronson is dedicated to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected classes. Reasonable accommodations due to a disability will be considered by the People Team.
This job description is intended to capture the essential activities, duties, and responsibilities that are required in the role. The firm maintains the right to assign other duties as necessary and can change these duties at any time without notice.
**Qualified candidates must be eligible to work for any employer in the United States
***Aronson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer