Position: Education Internship
Mission: ARCK ignites the imagination of under-resourced students through creative education programs to form a more fair and compassionate world.
About the Organization: Art Resource Collaborative for Kids (ARCK) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides creative and social-emotional education directly to under-resourced students in Boston Public Schools. Since 2012, ARCK has delivered our unique curriculum to over 3,000 students by implementing Art-Led STEM (A-STEM) content that uses creativity to drive learning and prepares students with the interpersonal skills needed to flourish in a changing world.
ARCK provides individuals passionate about arts education and nonprofit work with practical, hands-on experience in many facets of nonprofit administration. The Education intern will help provide administrative, research, and curriculum support to our Programming team. Specific tasks can be tailored to the applicant’s area of interest and expertise, but may include:
- Assisting with data restructuring and curriculum organization
- Managing data for programming partners, such as student attendance and demographic data
- Adapting curriculum for remote learning and to meet emerging ARCK goals
- Assisting with curriculum product development and marketing
- Conducting research pertaining to trends in education and curriculum development, specifically around remote learning, trauma, and anti-racism
- Current undergraduate or graduate student or recent graduate, specializing in Education (art/design preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite required
- Team player; willing to pick up tasks as needed, meet deadlines, and show independence and initiative in completing projects and tasks
- Ability to work remotely, with access to a computer and camera for video conferencing
Commitment and Compensation:
- 10-20 hours per week starting in January 2021 and ending in May 2021; flexible around work/class schedules
- Currently remote
- Academic credit available
- This is an unpaid internship.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Emma Dougherty at email@example.com. Include the name of the position for which you are applying in the email subject line. Please be prepared to provide the contact information of two references. ARCK accepts applications on a rolling basis. All materials are reviewed upon receipt and kept on file for at least one year. No phone calls or office visits, please.
We encourage you to apply even if your experience is not a 100% match with the position. We are looking for someone with relevant skills and experience, not a checklist that exactly matches the job description. We want to help you grow and in return, you help us grow into a stronger, more inclusive organization.