We are a global boutique public relations firm, is seeking a PR and media relations professional to work closely with the founder. Ideal start date ASAP. Position is remote based with frequent Zoom calls and occasional team gatherings when safe. If interested, please email email@example.com for more information. Title and salary negotiable based on experience.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in PR, media relations, or communications with a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications and marketing. Experience with PR platforms such as MuckRack, Meltwater, or Cision preferred. A high level of integrity and sensitivity to confidential information required.
- The ideal candidate will have marketing experience, an entrepreneurial mindset, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, enthusiasm for working with global top-tier media, and a team-oriented attitude.
- Must have experience with digital and social media, and the ability to translate complex information into compelling written materials that motivate journalists to action, including press releases, media pitches, blog posts and op-eds.
- Must be an energetic self-starter who is upbeat and friendly with a lot of energy who wants to join a dynamic team.
- Helpful to have strong media contacts. Areas we specialize in include management, leadership, strategy, international education, art, consumer products, fashion, tech, impact investing, and more.
- Must be a classic PR go-getter and have the ability to jump into any project.
- Must have a good eye for the media, keep tabs on various industry coverage, and share relevant new opportunities with clients.
- Interest or experience in event planning, specifically liaising with event contacts and preparing event materials (preferred but not required).
- Manage day-to-day PR activities, including media relations management, writing releases and pitches, pitching stories, management of editorial calendars, tracking media coverage, building PR lists, and monitoring for coverage.
- Identify story angles and craft compelling pitches around the work and thought leadership of our clients to increase top-tier media coverage. Learn news cycles and break down information into media-ready pitches for a variety of publications.
- Training, mentoring, and managing junior staff on basic PR tasks (how to build a media list, how to flag coverage, etc.)
- Heavy media relations: dissecting information, writing pitches and press releases, contacting journalists, coordinating interviews and/or attending in-person press meetings.
- Occasional work in researching potential new clients and drafting new business proposals (working closely with the founder).
- We work with a small number of great global clients and we have a lot of fun in our work.
- We work in a flexible environment and have the ability to work remotely with our team.