ASC Advisors is looking for a communications professional to help manage communications initiatives with its global client base. The ideal candidate would have 1-4 years of strategic communications experience, ideally at an agency or an investment manager, and thrives working in fast-paced situations within a team-based environment.
Stamford, CT, New York, NY or Remote
About ASC Advisors
ASC Advisors is a strategic communications firm dedicated to the investment management industry. We provide strategic, hands-on communications counsel and execution to world-class investment managers with hedge fund, private equity and real estate offerings.
The range of our capabilities allows us to form long-term relationships with clients and help them with the variety of communications needs they have over time. For many of our clients we coordinate communications on a global basis, through our extensive network of media contacts and our relationships with communications agencies in major financial centers.
As a boutique firm, ASC Advisors relies on each of its team members to wear a number of hats and collaborate across client accounts on a daily basis. Given the firm’s focus on investment management, it offers its clients a wide-range of capabilities, ranging from day-to-day media relations and message development, including work around ESG investing and policies, to portfolio company transactions, proxy fights and activist campaigns and crisis communications.
· Working collaboratively with ASC Advisors partners, managing directors, directors and associates to support client accounts.
· supporting day-to-day client relationships, including development and delivery of materials, media inquiries and relationships, strategic initiative rollouts.
· Building and leveraging relationships with reporters at key financial and trade publications.
· Media monitoring and producing media coverage reports.
· Providing input into client strategy, including digital and social media communications.
· Contributing to new business efforts, including developing relationships with potential referral sources, participating in new business pitches and helping expand the firm’s profile within the industry.
Skillset Should Include
· Strong written and spoken communications, including the ability to successfully draft, edit and proofread materials such as press releases, reporter pitches, pitch decks, reporter briefings, memos, etc.
· Media relations (pitching stories, scheduling and moderating interviews, managing inbound inquiries)
· Research and analysis of client media coverage and industry trends
· Reporter and industry relationships
· Excellent attention to detail
· Social media (LinkedIn, Twitter)
· Knowledge of financial markets and investment management (Hedge fund, Private Equity, Real Estate, Venture Capital)
· Bachelor’s degree
· 1-4 years of communications experience
· Strong written and verbal communications skills
· Knowledge of or interest in financial markets
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Familiarity with digital and social media communications
· Ability to handle multiple projects at once, effectively managing time and prioritizing projects to meet deadlines