Ascend Learning’s Professional Education division is a leading provider of online training in a range of high growth professions and academic areas, including computer science and cybersecurity. We combine authoritative content with innovative technology to help educators teach more effectively and students learn more efficiently. Our comprehensive suite of print and digital education solutions is designed to enrich the educational experience and deliver results for secondary, post-secondary, and professional education markets.
Open to fully remote professionals.
Ascend Learning is seeking a high energy and dynamic Sales Development Representative (SDR) with strong digital prospecting skills in EdTech SaaS. This role is all about finding and connecting with people who have a passion for cybersecurity education and training, though a combination of outbound prospecting activity and inbound lead qualification.
This role is open to remote working.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Develop strategies to draw in potential buyers and solicit new customers
• Develop and execute a daily high-volume outbound activity process that includes e-mail and phone calls in order to drive new leads and opportunities
• Follow up on inbound leads who have shown interest in products or services offered
• Create relationships with prospects in order to identify their needs / pain points and qualify their revenue potential and purchase timing
• Create early stage lead / opportunity within the CRM system and track tasks throughout the qualification process
• Schedule qualified appointments with prospects to connect them with the appropriate salesperson for further sales consultation
• Follow up with potential leads / customers who expressed interest but did not purchase (longer term nurturing)
• Collaborate and report progress to Management in order to ensure that you are focused on the company’s goals
• Achieve monthly activity / sales metric quotas
• Self-starter that is driven to succeed with a strong work ethic
• Proven prospecting and business development success through the effective use of sales tools: LinkedIn, Microsoft Office and various CRM systems
• Comfortable working with potential customers to identify pain points, understand requirements and correlate the value of the solutions that we can provide to address their specific pain points
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with remote sales teams
• Strong and professional communication skills, both written and verbal
• Positive attitude with the desire to work in a rapid-growth, entrepreneurial environment
• Team player
Preferred Candidate Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience working with Dynamics365 or similar CRM
Ascend Learning, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (M/F/Vets/Disabled). No agency or search firm submissions will be accepted. Applications for U.S. based positions with Ascend Learning, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.