Ascendant is recruiting qualified candidates for a full-time Research Analyst position linked to a contract that we hold with the International Trade Administration of the U.S. Department of Commerce. The Research Analyst will support SelectUSA’s programmatic work in attracting and retaining foreign direct investment in the United States.
Research Analyst duties will include substantive research, analytical, and administrative support for SelectUSA’s engagement efforts with investor and economic development organization clients. The Research Analyst will support the development, production, and close out of event engagements, providing research and analysis to inform SelectUSA’s virtual and in-person events. Specific activities supported may include development of event concepts based on SelectUSA’s strategic goals, communications with internal and external stakeholders, creation of briefing documents for high-level officials, targeted event promotion, event logistics, development of workflows, and creation and maintenance of internal data systems.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. and is metro accessible (Federal Triangle). Remote telework flexibility is offered in the current environment.
- Master’s degree is required
- 1+ year of professional experience
- Ideal candidates will have education backgrounds and interests in International Relations, International Development, Public Policy, International Trade, Economics, Technology, and other related fields of study
- Awareness of the theories, dynamics, and practices of cross-border investment, and of the economic, market, and geopolitical factors underlying such investment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) required; prior experience with SharePoint, Salesforce, and/or LexisNexis is a plus
- Ability to compile and analyze data, and produce professional-grade documents and data visualizations
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to conduct sophisticated research using numerous resources
- Ability to compile and analyze data and provide recommendations based upon statistical analysis
- Ability to analyze programs and processes to determine effectiveness
- Ability to operate independently to complete tasks and succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Applicants should demonstrate enthusiasm, initiative, flexibility, and attention to detail
- A public trust background check with U.S. Government must be completed prior to starting work