We are looking for bilingual client-focused talent who have service as part of their DNA, rather than just part of a job. We take serving our clients seriously and need future associates who want to learn our business, embrace our core values, and work within a team environment. If you can see every interaction as an opportunity to achieve client satisfaction, we want to talk with you!
The Client Service Associate is responsible for delivering exceptional customer service to participants of retirement plans as part of the Participant Services team. Exceptional service is professional, knowledgeable, empathetic, efficient, accurate, and adds value to the participant experience. In this role, you will engage participants over the phone and provide assistance, solutions, and education. Additionally, this role initiates account transaction requests and conducts research.
- Respond to all participant phone inquiries and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Provide timely, clear, and concise communication to participants regarding overall service expectations, procedures, and timeframes related to their individual inquiry.
- Educate participants on the Interactive Voice Responses (IVR) system and web so that participants are able to utilize these tools to answer their questions.
- Initiate and complete account transactions as requested by participants.
- Utilize all systems available to find the correct information as needed for each participant interaction.
- Document all participant calls and transactions timely and thoroughly.
- Perform a quality review of all work to ensure accuracy of transactions and documentation.
- Maintain professional call management etiquette at all times.
- Meet department and individual service levels and quality goals, while supporting department business objectives.
- Proactively communicate and coordinate efforts with other departments to address all participant service issues Take active initiative in the development of your career.
- Continuously develop and expand your knowledge of the requirements of 401(k) plans’ administration and recordkeeping
- Keep updated on government rules and regulations regarding 401(k) plans
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is required
- Retirement or financial service experience preferred but not necessary
- Strong client focus and client service skills are mandatory
- Manage client expectations
- Exercise effective business decision skills and creative problem solving
- Effectively balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in computer navigation and software applications, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proactively seek out continuous growth in industry and systems knowledge and skills
- Work well in a fast-pace team environment
- Work in a contact center environment using a computer, mouse, keyboard, call headset and working on computer monitors for extended periods of time
- Ability to work overtime to meet the needs of the business organization
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 10 million Americans save for retirement and college.