Association to Benefit Children (ABC) is dedicated to bringing joy and warmth to disadvantaged children and their families through compassionate, sustainable, comprehensive and integrated services, designed to permanently break the cycles of abuse, neglect, sickness and homelessness. ABC Fast Break 115 is an Article 31 mental health clinic located in East Harlem that provides outpatient therapeutic and psychiatric services to children and families.
The Program Assistant will be a critical part of the treatment team, often the first person that a parent will speak to when referring their child to the program. They will orient and support the parent throughout the assessment and treatment process.
- Working with the Clinic Director on responding to referral requests,
- Coordinating evaluations, entering information into HER system and providing translation when needed for psychiatric and other clinical staff.
- Supporting the clinic administratively by ensuring that screening and outcome tracking tools are administered, and supporting the clinical staff in ensuring that treatment recommendations are understood.
- Working closely with clinical staff to support parents in connecting / navigating systems of care in order to address psychosocial needs.
- Bilingual Spanish/English REQUIRED.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a human service field is preferred but not required.
- Direct “Lived” experience with children’s helping systems, working with families of young children, including case management/advocacy, preferred.
- Prior experience working in human services or mental health preferred.
- Ability to collaborate on a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience with Excel and comfort using various computer applications.
Start date is contingent on completing all pre-employment requirements. EOE
Please submit cover letter and resume to Dsantana@a-b-c.org with subject FAST BREAK 115 PROGRAM ASSISTANT. No faxes or phone calls please.