As an Account Management Intern, you will gain an understanding of the Insurance Industry and the distribution models for Insurance Products. The program will provide you with a broad understanding of the insurance brokerage cycle from identifying and properly marketing risks, building a service timeline, implementing service requests, and working through a renewal. You will build valuable skills in creating and presenting business proposals, understanding specific carrier and wholesaler risk appetites, and developing time management strategies.
The Ideal Candidate
- An excellent candidate is someone who is professional, adaptable, and congenial with an inquisitive personality and strong critical thinking skills
- You should know how to take initiative but also know how to work in a team as a dependable member
National Internship Program:
At AssuredPartners, our internship program was created to support the next generation of talent in finding meaningful, professional development experiences within the insurance industry. We expect all of our teammates to actively present new ideas, take a thoughtful approach to responsibilities, and help contribute to building our culture. You will grow with the help of an assigned mentor, be exposed to leadership, departments, and other interns, and create lasting connections.
Please note that the duties below can vary based on the workflow of your local office.
- Complete a rotation through critical teams which help assess issues, develop solutions, negotiate risk transfer contracts, and provide claims advocacy on behalf of policy holders.
- Review contracts and tailor policies around specific legal requirements.
- Accompany Account Managers on renewal meetings.
- Gather quotations for clients and vendors.
- Understand key insurance coverages and apply them to specific client opportunities.
- Develop basic knowledge of the insurance industry and agency operations
- Copy data and compile records and reports.
- Open and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail.
- Tabulate and post data in appropriate customer contact system or in data base/spreadsheet.
- Travel is expected to be negligible in this role.
- Must be enrolled in post-secondary education, bonus if in a degree program concentrating in Risk Management, Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business documents, and a high capacity for learning is critical.
- Effectively utilize available and relevant technical tools and resources (e.g. Microsoft Office and Excel).
Compensation & Benefits:
- California Residents Pay Range: $17 per hour (commesurate upon experience)
Grow, with us
AssuredPartners is passionate about fueling our clients’ innovation and growth. That makes us the perfect place for creative, dynamic people who want to grow their career while helping businesses, families and people thrive.
We’re proud to be the fastest-growing independent insurance broker in America, but we’re even prouder of the honest, caring relationships that our employees build with our clients every day.
Working with us will give you the opportunity to do work that matters while you learn with us, advance with us, and most importantly, grow with us.
AssuredPartners is committed to embracing diversity, equity and inclusion to create a workplace that welcomes and thrives on the unique experiences, perspectives and contributions of all team members. AssuredPartners is bringing the best people and most diverse talent forward to drive growth, innovate and think bigger!