Are you fascinated by the infinite possibilities of cyber-physical systems? Do you dream of developing ambitious technologies that will bridge the physical and virtual world and define the future? Are you passionate about applying your expertise in your field of engineering or science? If the answer is yes, then the ASUS Robotics & AI Center is the perfect environment for you to thrive.
Our goal is to create a multidisciplinary team of the world’s brightest engineers and scientists to develop ambitious technologies that will define the future. If you have the passion, knowledge and expertise to contribute to an elite and diverse team of experts, we strongly encourage you to apply today.
Roles & responsibilities
- Design and implement resource-efficient, low-latency data pipelines.
- Explore, evaluate, and select suitable frameworks for data science and big data processing.
- Provide tools and best practices for data access control, data versioning, and migration strategies for other teams.
- Write clean, maintainable, and well-commented source code.
- Proactively address problems with a research-thinking mindset and critically think about the pros and cons of different approaches.
- Independently read relevant literature and share your insights and knowledge with other stakeholders.
- Work in a cross-functional team that takes ownership of the full software lifecycle.
- Collaborate with other teams to make optimal software architecture design decisions.
- Master’s degree or PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, applied mathematics, or a related field.
- Expertise and exceptional track record in data engineering and operations, including SQL and noSQL databases, system security and access control.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of the advantages and disadvantages of data warehouses, data lakes, data pipelines and batch and stream processing.
- Exceptionally strong understanding of fundamentals and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, design patterns, source control management, and test automation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.