Are you fascinated by the infinite possibilities of cyber-physical systems? Do you dream of developing ambitious technologies that will bridge the physical and virtual world and define the future? Are you passionate about applying your expertise in your field of engineering or science? If the answer is yes, then the ASUS Robotics & AI Center is the perfect environment for you to thrive.
Our goal is to create a multidisciplinary team of the world’s brightest engineers and scientists to develop ambitious technologies that will define the future. If you have the passion, knowledge and expertise to contribute to an elite and diverse team of experts, we strongly encourage you to apply today.
Roles & responsibilities
- Design and implement a flexible and robust SLAM stack that enables quick iterations.
- Design and implement a test environment that supports automated testing with validation data.
- Independently read relevant literature and share your insights and knowledge with other stakeholders.
- Proactively address problems with a research-thinking mindset and critically think about the pros and cons of different approaches.
- Write clean, maintainable, and well-commented source code.
- Work in a cross-functional team that takes ownership of the full software lifecycle.
- Master’s degree or PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, applied mathematics, or a related field.
- Exceptional academic track record with expertise in machine learning, artificial intelligence, computer vision, robotics, control theory, and/or mathematical optimization.
- Expertise in SLAM, structure-from-motion, multiple view geometry, visual inertial odometry, and Bayesian filtering.
- Familiarity with range sensors, sensor models, camera modules, and the image signal processing pipeline.
- Solid understanding of mathematical optimization and linear algebra.
- Understanding of software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, design patterns, source control management, and test automation.