Athletes Unlimited is a new model of pro sports where athletes are decision-makers and individual players are champions of team sports. We literally change the game with faster play, and a new draft and team rosters every week, delivering next-level competition and engagement in which every moment counts. With women’s softball, volleyball, and lacrosse as part of the roster and a fourth sport to launch in 2022, Athletes Unlimited will build the next generation of both athletes and fans.
Athletes Unlimited is seeking a full-time Assistant Digital manager (App Manager) to assist primarily with the Athletes Unlimited App, along with the website and email marketing. This individual will work directly with the Sr. Manager of Digital. The role is paid and full-time. Applicants will need to work weekends during the season and evenings when applicable.
- Send push notifications for game information, weekly draft, scoring, etc.
- Publish video content, including highlights, docuseries, etc. within the app
- Ensure the newsfeed is up to date with the latest articles, promotions and weekly rosters
- Keep fans engaged by posting to the newsfeed 1-3 times between game days and every game day
- Implement polls to learn more about the fan base and what they are excited to watch
- Strategize offseason engagements with the Sr. Manager of Digital to maintain fan interest
- Coordinate with partnership team to incorporate partners into the app through flash sales, spin & win, and rewards
- Coordinate with merchandise team and finances to figure out what rewards can be offered
- Determine schedule of reward releases and flash sales with Sr. Manager, Digital
- Upload new rewards and flash sales to the app when applicable
- Work with partnerships team, merchandise team and others to fulfill rewards
- Brainstorm ways to consistently improve experience for fans and work with app development team to ensure timelines are met
- Assist in executing email marketing campaigns with the Sr. Manager of Digital and marketing team
- Assist in other digital needs when needed
- 1-3 years of experience in digital, sports media, communications, or related field
- Experience in digital, sports media, communications, or related field
- Collaborative and creative individual with a passion for sports
- Must be open to working in a fast-paced, startup environment that is actively developing new strategies
- Strong project management skills and experience with project management software
- Experience tracking data and analytics, and using findings to impact development of strategy
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Experience using Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with writing to fit brand voice and excite fans
- Knowledge of Excel or Google sheets preferred
- Willingness to travel to league locations as needed
This role is full-time, remote, and receives benefits.
Athletes Unlimited is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its hiring process based on race, religion, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression, pregnancy status, parental status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.