The successful candidate will be exceptionally organized, discreet, collegial, and have a strong customer service orientation. The successful candidate will communicate effectively, thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and manage the high-level multitasking challenges of a busy Center. The position requires a strong record of reliability, great attention to detail, strong administrative skills, and excellent oral and written communication skills. This role will partner with the rest of the Europe Center team to drive results and achieve Center’s goals. This is an excellent role for a self-starter looking for opportunities to work at one of the most dynamic and fast-paced global policy organizations in Washington, DC.
- Track Center’s projects and events, and help prioritize action items.
- Maintain short-term and long-term schedule of the Senior Director, coordinating externally with a range of key stakeholders and funders and internally across the organization so that meetings reflect leadership priorities, are the subject of ample preparation, include the right participants, and are timely.
- Draft, edit and proofread internal and external correspondence and other written communication.
- Serve as liaison for internal and external offices.
- Track relationships with key donors and prospects, including updating contacts database.
- Support Center in researching and confirming travel arrangements or international programming.
- Submit expense reports accurately and on time.
- Manage multiple processes and projects, supporting the work of staff, tracking commitments and deliverables, managing deadlines, and ensuring accountability.
- Assist with events, as necessary.
- Organize team retreats and additional Center meetings as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required.
- 1-2 years of relevant office work experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to write and edit clearly under tight deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and project management skills, including the ability to identify, balance, and rapidly shift priorities as needed.
- Positive, flexible, get-it-done attitude with a desire to grow in responsibility over time.
- Able to manage upward to move assignments to completion in a timely and professional manner.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work well with a team in a dynamic environment and ability to work independently and proactively.
- Strong interpersonal skills appropriate for operating effectively in a multicultural, international team environment.
- Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism while demonstrating a sense of maturity and trust.
- Experience using CRMs (Salesforce) is strongly preferred.
- Advanced computer skills using MS Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint, and ability to quickly learn new software and platforms.
- Ability to provide top-notch customer service and efficiency.
- Experience working with a non-profit or international organization preferred.