In the 2021-22 Atlas Workshops is looking to refresh our website to reflect our changing programs, create new online content, and expand our presence and activity on social media. We are looking for a marketing and communications intern to assist with these initiatives.
What will you do in this role?
- Support Atlas administrative team in drafting new webpages, blog posts, and other online content about our global programs and travel opportunities
- Create content for Atlas social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn) in line with our current strategy, and contribute to refining Atlas’ social media strategy moving forward
- Help design communications and coordination tools for program partners and clients (primarily teachers and school administrators)
- Help with other multimedia projects based on interest, time, and skill
What qualifications are we looking for?
- Current graduate or undergraduate student with an interest in marketing, communications, media, graphic design, education, and global learning
- Strong writing skills especially for online formats; experience or interest in SEO is welcome but not required
- Experience in blog writing, travel writing, and/or social media administration
- Experience in education programming at the middle or high school level is a plus, as is any travel or study abroad experience – but neither is required
What other details should applicants know?
- This is a part-time, temporary, fully remote position requiring 10-20 hours of time per week.
- You will meet with the team.supervisors for 1-3 hours per week, but the rest of your work will be independent and on your own schedule.
- Atlas Workshops is headquartered in Cambridge, MA but our (small but growing) team is based across the U.S. and in Europe. We are growing programs in NYC and California in particular so candidates in either location are encouraged to apply!
- The internship is available as a paid opportunity and/or can offer verification for your university if you need approval for a credit.
- This internship is for the fall semester but can be extended into the spring as well. Candidates interested in Spring 2021 positions should reach check back in December.