AVANGRID, an innovative and growing energy company, needs a creative and ambitious college student to join our marketing and customer service team. You will take part in an Internship program to learn our business inside and out. If you are looking to broaden your skills sets and learn more about careers in energy, apply today. For more information on our company, visit www.avangrid.com.
As part of our program, you will help build a new customer experience map. You will assess our customers journey and look for opportunities. The ideal candidate is able to ask questions, promote products and services, build trust and enjoys taking on new challenges.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Participate in a dynamic internship program where you’ll work on three major projects within the marketing team – customer experience, new customer development, and promotional marketing.
- Work with the marketing team to develop your communication and customer engagement skills.
- Work in an innovative and energized environment with a chance to make an impact.
- Create a comprehensive presentation of your work completed during the program for presentation to the wider organization at the conclusion of the program.
At AVANGRID, we want to grow with you – Here’s what you’ll get:
- Key experiences you will work with people in marketing, and directly improve our customers experience.
- Option to participate in the AVANGRID Mentoring Program.
- Exposure to all aspects of the business through business briefs hosted by AVANGRID senior leaders.
- Opportunities to develop leadership capabilities with leadership development resources.
- Opportunities to network and build lasting relationships with great colleagues from across the globe.
- A focus on innovation and technology.
- A commitment to the environment and providing clean, renewable energy.
What you need:
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability and desire to work in a team environment & learn quickly
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Work with multiple tasks without losing track of deliverables
- Strong interest in social media and digital marketing
- Majoring in Business / Marketing
- Aware of the importance for good Customer Service and Satisfaction
- Any successful customer facing experience will be an advantage
- Knowledge of how to communicate well in an office, small team setting. The right candidate will know how to build a presentation and deliver it confidently.
Education & Experience Required:
- Currently a sophomore or junior pursuing a Bachelor’s or first year in Masters/MBA Degree (Bachelors discipline in marketing)
- Business studies relevant to career path
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without the requirement for future sponsorship