*Open to remote employees*
Iberdrola’s newly created Retail e-Solutions organization is seeking talented candidates who are passionate about innovation, green energy and delivering smart customer solutions. We are seeking self-driven, passionate and ambitious individuals to join our fast paced, dynamic organization. Now is the best time to join our company and grow your career with us.
JOB SUMMARY (primary responsibilities, what is the role accountable for):
This position of Lead Data Scientist sits within the Digital function of our retail business.
We’re looking for a passionate Data Scientist that recognizes how data can be important to help drive key business decisions and strategy, can actively problem solve to provide accurate analysis and solutions in a fast-paced e-commerce environment.
Fundamentally, data underpins all operations at Iberdrola USA and being part of the team gives you the chance to have a major impact across the company – apply today to join our world class digital and data department.
You’ll be working in a cross functional product squad alongside Developers, Testers, Product Owners, Business Analysts and UX Designers to help deliver MVP solutions to our customers that provide the maximum customer and business value. You will also work be expected to help provide analytics and reporting for other departments within the business.
Our Data Scientists are responsible for applying scientific methodology, statistical inference and machine learning models to drive business decisions. They have strong backgrounds in statistics, applied mathematics, and computer science with the ability to write clean and operationalizable code. They are also creative, inquisitive and exceptional communicators with an aptitude for uncovering hidden patterns. We are looking for Data Scientists who know how to get the most out of the product and help make the right decisions with the data.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (scope of work, list of tasks/responsibilities, describe primary relationships/works with):
Assist customers by being able to deliver a data driven projects from beginning to end, including understanding the business need, aggregating data, exploring data, building & validating predictive models, and deploying completed models with concept-drift monitoring and retraining to deliver business impact to the organization with extension to ML.
Reporting and Analysis
• All channels; report key metrics, analyze trends and provide actionable insights
• Analyze the impact of different channels and they interact to drive conversions
• Perform ROI analysis to evaluate efficiency and effectiveness of different media channels and marketing campaigns
• Develop dashboards to enable regular reporting for marketing and wider operational audiences including large datasets
• Ad hoc reporting and insight as required based on business requirements
• Websites; analyze on-site behavior, conversions data and customer journeys, funnel analysis to provide insights on our audience behavior
• Regularly monitor online KPI’s to track progress against audience development and retention goals
• Segment online audiences to find high value segments and model the behavior of these on
• Advise suitable measurement strategies based on channel objectives, e.g. client paid advertising, organic paid search, content, CRM, social
• Benchmark performance and advise on KPI’s
• Post-campaign analysis to demonstrate ROI
Technical and Analytical
• Identify ways in which to improve analytical procedure to increase productivity and efficiency
• Visualize data on BI or similar platforms
• Recommend ways to deal with data quality issues
• Advise on campaign tagging and on-site tracking
Education & Technical Experience Required:
· Bachelor’s degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent professional or military experience
· Experience with ML fields, e.g., natural language processing, computer vision, statistical learning theory (Preferred)
· 4+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling, data science, and analysis
· Experience in an ML engineer or data scientist role building ML models (Preferred)
· Experience writing code in SQL, Python, R, Scala, Java, C++ or similar with documentation for reproducibility
· Experience writing and speaking about technical concepts to business, technical, and lay audiences and giving data-driven presentation
· Extensive experience with Google Big Query, Power BI and Google Data Studio
· Deep understanding of web analytics including customer segmentation, attribution modelling, and path analysis
· Experience in measuring and analyzing online campaigns including organic and paid search, email, display, social
· Display a high level of initiative, be self-motivated and eager to learn
· Demonstrable experience of project management and delivery
· Data visualization / dashboard development experience
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills