Avison Young, a global real estate solutions firm, is seeking an Associate to be a part of a Tri-State transactional real estate team. We are looking for an intelligent, assertive, and ambitious person who wants a dynamic career with unlimited earning potential in commercial real estate. Technical skills gained during the training program will include: market knowledge, financial analysis, strategic planning, programming, application of market economics, negotiation techniques, drafting proposals and letters of intent, lease analysis and commenting, creating market surveys, and developing marketing collateral.
- Team player working with other Senior Brokers as needed to assist in calls and business development activities. Eager to generate leads and develop relationships.
- Develop new business primarily through in-person contacts, heavy telephone prospecting, networking, and follow-ups to include: presentations to those who influence decisions and decision-makers and schedule face-to-face contact with prospective candidates requiring real estate solutions.
- Report and update on calling program status, clients met, potential deals being generated, issues/concerns and next steps.
- Represent the interests of client firms to locate space (including researching companies and executives, preparing surveys, conducting tours, evaluating proposals, conducting financial analysis, preparing lease abstracts and reviewing lease documents).
- Work closely with Senior Brokers to prepare proposals and strategies for presentation.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with industry professionals.
- Demonstrate understanding of professional commercial real estate transaction services related to selling, leasing and marketing of commercial real estate properties.
- Prepare proposals, listing materials, offers, transaction documentation, and reports.
- Prepare space surveys for clients.
- Coordinate and conduct tours with clients.
- Develop, maintain and grow contact database.
- Actively engage in networking and client relationship management skills to proactively identify business opportunities and establish relationships.
- Build a detailed, personal knowledge of the Tri-State commercial real estate market (i.e. property types, building classes, zoning, rail access, lease and sale comparables) with the understanding that a global clientele base is equally important.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong sales background, an asset.
- Ambitious self-starters with a high degree of self-confidence and motivation, who thrive in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Experienced and educated individuals with a strong desire to pursue a high performance career.
- Creative, straight-forward thinkers who seek out and embrace new challenges.
- Good overall business acumen, strong values and integrity.
- An ability to set and achieve realistic goals.
- Technological savvy individual seeking to deploy today’s software applications for successful application.
- Proficient with applicable software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Outlook), Salesforce and other research/CRM database applications.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
What We Offer
- High income potential – uncapped commission structure.
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities.
- Full time administrative support staff.
- Our Emerging Leader Program – an opportunity to learn from the industry’s best.
- Not to mention, as part of the fastest growing commercial real estate company in the world, you will have access to a wide network of industry leaders as you grow in your commercial real estate career.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of work experience required
- 2+ years of work experience in Commercial Real Estate or other sales-related position is preferred
- Must procure and maintain a Real Estate Salesperson’s license as required
- Detail oriented, self-starter, strong organizational and analytical skills, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and within a team on a wide variety of projects
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and sales skills essential