Axiom is a recognized leader in the business of law and leads growth in the industry. When we were founded over 20 years ago, we created a new professional services category that applies best practices from other industries to help General Counsel and In-House legal teams complete legal work intelligently and efficiently. We are seeking Business Development Interns to work on a remote basis for the summer of 2021.
Who We Are
This position is with Axiom’s business development team, a group of passionate young professionals actively introducing fresh ideas and revitalizing a tradition-bound profession. We are incredibly selective in our hiring and meticulously focused on creating a truly special and productive culture.
Axiom is looking for eager and energetic students interested in an opportunity to gain professional experience in business development and sales in a growing commercial organization. Axiom is a dynamic company with a fresh perspective on the business of law and has experienced a huge amount of growth since its inception, even throughout 2020. This position is perfect for someone who loves to connect with people, exhibits outstanding judgment and professionalism, and thrives in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment with a close-knit team. The role will report to our business development analysts, associates, and managers and directly support revenue-generating opportunities.
Outreach, Prospect Research, Commercial Support, Activities
- Strategically identifying potential client contacts
- Proactively conduct consistent phone and email outreach to build sales pipelines
- Generating leads and uncovering high-value opportunities
- Researching and gathering business intelligence about prospective clients
- Preparing materials for Account Executives to meet with prospective clients
- Supporting the sales process by managing top of funnel sales activities
Client/Prospect-Facing Commercial Activities
- Communicating Axiom’s business model to potential clients in an impactful way and demonstrating why a meeting with Axiom would be beneficial to their business
- Preparing and sending strategic emails to prospective clients, specific to their business and/or legal needs, to generate interest in meeting with Axiom
- Engaging with secondary points of contact in client organizations to help drive consensus-based decision making
- Adopting outreach best-practices to achieve high conversion rates and build pipeline
Our ideal candidate – In addition to exhibiting our core values of Irresistible, Fresh, Thoughtful, and Committed, our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Rising senior at an accredited university with strong academic credentials and community involvement
- Goal-oriented with the ability and desire to work towards revenue targets within a team environment
- Exemplary service ethic when contributing to individual and team goals
- Highly persuasive verbal communication skills with excellent written communication skills
- Poise, confidence, and maturity to interact with senior level clients
- Highly organized, acute attention to detail, and ability to operate in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
- Sense of urgency, hunger, and drive/commitment to deliver projects on time
- Tenacity and resilience with a will to keep going despite rejections; high level of comfort and determination when dealing with challenging situations, i.e. dealing with objections from clients
- Forward-thinking and solutions-oriented approach at all times
- Interest in pursuing a full-time opportunity in Business Development and/or Sales
- Strong MS office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) skills are required
- The duration of the internship will be 10 weeks
- This is a paid internship
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in the application process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at email@example.com and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.