Finance and Accounting Intern – Remote
Axiom, a pioneer in the legal industry and a leading, global provider of technology-enabled legal solutions, is seeking a remote Intern to join our Finance and Accounting team for the Summer of 2021.
Axiom is looking for a passionate and analytically-minded Finance and Accounting Intern to join us remotely this Summer. Are you looking to be part of a team that counts? Without our Finance team, we would be lost in a sea of receipts and numbers. If you have a passion for data and spreadsheets, this opportunity is right on the money.
As an Intern, you will work closely with the team to support a variety of projects under the Financial umbrella. You will also assist in the preparation of monthly or weekly financial reports among other tasks. The result? Experience that pays off. You’ll gain exposure to both the strategic and tactical element of monitoring and managing a dynamic company in a creative and high-performing environment.
Your Internship Project will help with:
- Month-end / term-end book closing, reporting, and reconciliation
- Delivering financial analytics in an accurate and timely manner
- The sharing and flow of topline company metrics through effective presentations, reporting, and communications
- An evolving data strategy, improving data quality and accessibility for the team and its customers
- Productive team-oriented relationships that develop through individual contact and group meetings
- Acquiring and exhibiting relevant Finance and Accounting concepts
Successful candidates must be fit for Axiom’s unique operating environment and culture: high-growth, innovative, lean, and values-driven. As such, successful candidates must be highly capable in each of the following dimensions (among others): adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness, analytical thinking/problem solving, proactivity, collaboration, technological savvy, and operating with/through a lean team.
Beyond these characteristics, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education for this particular role:
- Rising Junior or Senior at an accredited school (3.0 GPA or equivalent and above)
- Goal and action orientation, with a sense of urgency, drive, and commitment to routinely exceed goals.
- Exemplary service ethic when contributing to individual and team targets
- Highly polished verbal and written communication skills
- Poise, confidence, and maturity to interact with senior client levels
- Tenacity and resilience with a will to keep going despite setbacks
- Forward-thinking and solutions-oriented approach at all times
- Strong MS office skills; MS Excel Power User
Axiom is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.