Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We’re hiring a Communications Associate/Senior Associate.
Why it matters: Our Communications Associate will be responsible for pitching Axios talent on radio and podcasts, manage the booking logistics, and track Axios media hits and coverage. The Associate is also responsible for all speaking engagements and award submissions.
Go deeper: As a Communications Associate you will be responsible for:
- Managing and tracking incoming media and speaking requests for Axios talent
- Drafting proposals and monitoring deadlines
- Researching new opportunities and promoting activities on social media.
They will also support all communications activations through actions such as participating in team brainstorms, drafting media advisories and conducting proactive media outreach.
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Ability to write clearly, cleanly, under tight time constraints
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Positive attitude and ability to thrive in high-pressure news environments
- A desire to learn new skills and grow professionally
- An understanding of and excitement for the media industry
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Classpass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.