Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We’re hiring a Senior Associate of Employee Experience!
Why it matters: After a wildly successful first ~5 years, Axios is continuing to scale and grow across the media and tech industries. To support the growth of our 300+ person company, we are building out a team dedicated to supporting an exceptional employee experience at Axios.
Go deeper: We’ve built a best-in-class, award winning People Operations team that ensures Axios is an amazing place for all of our team members to come to work each day. We’re looking for someone to join our team and focus on ensuring an engaging experience across the employee lifecycle at Axios.
In this role, you will:
- Support the development and delivery of initiatives that drive employee engagement, recognition, and satisfaction at all phases of the employee lifecycle.
- Work across the organization and collaborate with other People Operations teams to ensure we have the right programs and practices in place.
- Solicit and leverage feedback and input from employees and other stakeholders to ensure continuous improvement.
- Evaluate and update practices to ensure a culture of inclusion and belonging.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual benefit to go towards individuals’ learning and development
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.