.NET Core / C# Backend Developer
Helix is the first complete Analytics Platform as a Service that integrates everything an organization needs to run an analytics environment effectively at scale. With over 20 years of experience in the data and analytics space, Axis Group is bringing all of its knowledge of analytics together with technical execution capabilities to create a world class software platform.
We are seeking a full time .NET Core / C# Backend Developer to support the development efforts in implementing the vision of creating the world’s first holistic analytics portal that combines the trademarked concepts of Analytics Enablement with best-in-class analytics tools and technologies.
The .NET Core / C# Backend Developer is responsible for partnering with our product manager, product architect, and development team to implement capabilities using .NET Core 3.1/.NET 5 event-driven microservices targeting Linux-based Docker containers. In addition to development, the developer is responsible for unit/integration tests, documentation of generated work, and evaluating technologies and frameworks to provide guidance and feedback to continuously improve our development strategies and standards in accordance with best practices.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about modern software development using .NET and C# and staying abreast of the latest approaches and capabilities for producing secure, scalable, web-oriented enterprise applications. They can articulate the strengths and weaknesses of industry-recognized architectural patterns for building resilient, event-based microservices and understand the importance of data sovereignty and well-scoped aggregates to avoid common pitfalls in microservice implementations. They’re familiar with containerization and the fundamentals of cloud-hosted Kubernetes, composing capabilities and data to deliver unified experiences to end-user clients through authenticated gateways. They’re an organized, proactive communicator who can take initiative, provide and accept feedback, and stay engaged with a remote/virtual team using team-driven project management tools. They understand the importance of ensuring that code is scalable and resilient through their use of automated testing and development pipelines for managing deployments.
Remote – Central / Eastern Time zone, US Only
· Participate in the design, execution, and iteration of the Helix platform in a primarily remote/virtual team
· Consult on architectural approaches, software and library options, and other components to refine Axis Group development standards
· Design, architect, and implement .NET / C# microservices for orchestrating business processes using scalable, portable, and standards-compliant code
· Adhere to protocols for event-based messaging and microservice resiliency by leveraging CQRS / ES best practices
· Produce automated tests and integrate them into our deployment pipeline, ensuring services are robust in the face of errors
· Produce documentation of completed work and support knowledge transfer efforts
· Incorporate user and partner feedback and communicate effectively with the team
· Work well in an environment with fast iteration cycles, ideally with continuous integration
Required Qualifications & Proficiencies:
· .NET Core / .NET 5 + C# experience
· Experience in production-grade microservice implementations, ideally CQRS/ES-based
· Understanding of microservice architectural patterns and best practices
· Microservice/gateway authentication strategies
· Functional Development
· Experience with Docker, fundamentals of Kubernetes
· Document and Relational Databases (Postgres preferred)
Preferred Qualifications & Proficiencies:
· BI/Analytics Tools
· Excellent communication skills
· Experience with modern development methodologies such as agile development and test/behavior driven development
· Azure / AKS experience
· Experience with Serverless functions
· RabbitMQ or similar messaging experience
· Development using Saga pattern
· Experience with MVC/Razor
· Git version control & CI/CD pipeline strategies and development
Axis Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or, any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Axis Group, LLC will not consider Visa Sponsorship for this position.