Chicago-based Azul Partners is a leading procurement technology, supply chain and commodities-focused intelligence, advisory and media company. Azul has over 1.5M+ annual visitors across the portfolio and a rich book of business. We are fast-growing, intellectually curious and hard-working yet fun. We team up with you to create your career path, expand your skill-set and allow you to advance based on merit. We’re flexible about where you work and value your health and well-being. We are a team.
We are seeking an Associate Editor for Spend Matters, one of the largest online B2B trade publications covering procurement and supply chain management. The Associate Editor will produce, edit and publish daily content covering corporate purchasing practices, news related to global supply chains and analyses of enterprise software companies. Other responsibilities include executing the day-to-day editorial calendar and collaborating with other editors to creatively develop new audiences and media products for this fast-growing site.
- Coordinate, edit, fact check and optimize 3–4 articles per day (ranging from short news briefs to feature-length articles)
- Report, write and edit original articles
- Join editorial and product planning meetings to help brainstorm new ideas and improve current offerings
- Assist in management and production of editorial calendar
- Serve as backup/secondary capacity for native advertising production as needed for Spend Matters Brand Studio
- Proofread client deliverables (e.g., white papers, PowerPoint decks, marketing collateral) as needed
- Assist in production of reports and white papers using InDesign
- Expand social media audience and engagement across various channels
- Play key role in growing relevant site traffic through SEO, social media engagement and exploring new media formats (e.g., videos, podcasts)
- Track and report on site analytics/key conversion indicators, as well as pull content performance data for commercial team as needed
- Assist as needed with production and proofreading for Spend Matters PRO, a subscription research service covering the procurement and supply chain space
- Assist as needed with production and proofreading for Spend Matters SolutionMap, a quadrant-based ranking system for evaluating software companies
- Attend and cover industry events (possibly travel to cover software company customer conferences, as well)
- 0–3 years of copy editing/writing/reporting (preferred) or related experience or outstanding internship experience
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in journalism required!
- Strong editing and writing skills (business reporting experience a plus)
- Proficiency in digital media and social media platforms
- Excellent time management/project management skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work independently
- Comfortable collaborating with and bringing new ideas to senior management
- Bonus: Familiarity with a professional services environment (i.e., consulting) useful
Key Technical Skills:
- Mastery of AP style
- CMS knowledge, specifically WordPress
- Strong command of HTML (knowledge of CSS also beneficial)
- SEO knowledge a must
- Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and InDesign)
- Social networking (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook)
- Analytics experience (Google Analytics, LeadLander)
Azul Partners is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to provide equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. We will honor your experiences, perspectives, and unique identity.