The Finance Summer Internship Program at BAE Systems offers participants exciting and challenging work assignments as well as training and mentoring.
Finance interns will receive hands-on experience and act as valued contributors through placements within traditional finance and accounting functions, as well as functions unique to the defense industry such as program control. The finance intern class will simultaneously participate in a multi-week comprehensive intern project to further apply concepts and trainings learned throughout the duration of the program.
In addition, all interns will have the ability to interact with senior/executive level leadership through networking events, one-on-one meetings, and other presentations or trainings. At the end of the summer, interns are given the opportunity to interview for the Financial Leadership Development Program (FLDP) and/or the Contracts Leadership Development Program (CLDP), either of which may result in a full-time position.
Responsibilities may include:
- Support the development of weekly and monthly cost reporting
- Analyze and report on order intake, sales, profit and cash flow
- Develop, monitor and forecast budgets
- Prepare accounting reconciliations and research variances
- Generate monthly metric reports
- Complete special projects as required
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- College juniors graduating between Dec. 2022 and May 2023
- Long term interest in a career within Finance, Contracts or Accounting
- Ability to work for at least ten (10) weeks during the summer
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills