The Sector Reporting Financial Analyst is responsible for Electronic Systems (ES) sector level and US Defense reporting to ES sector management and higher levels of the organization. Reporting is completed on a monthly basis and involves aggregating and analyzing all Segment and Business Area data to complete a Sector view of key business performance metrics and indicators. In addition to monthly requirements, this position is responsible for other reporting requirements associated with Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) and Integrated Business Plans (IBP) to support key leadership meetings and decision-making. This role offers an uncommon level of exposure to management and provides the opportunity to drive the development of reports and presentation materials for Quarterly Leadership Meetings (QLM).
The primary focus of this role will be on reporting and forecasting key financial information and conducting thoughtful variance analyses for business salients (Orders, Sales, Profit, Cash). Responsibilities include but are not limited to generating a monthly Insights Report for senior management, completing QBR and IBP workbook templates to provide to Business Area teams, providing and tracking key business cycle dates for the broader FP&A team, and working across multiple finance functions to ensure alignment of financial forecasts. This position also serves as the website administrator for the FP&A team.
This dynamic, challenging role will provide the selected candidate with a unique professional experience relative to developing a contextualized Sector-level view of the organization and associated product portfolio.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Superior organization skills and consummate attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and balance competing priorities without sacrificing accuracy.
- An analytical mindset and keen critical thinking/problem solving skills to identify key themes in datasets.
- Skillful oral and written communication capable of effectively relaying messages to teammates and management in a manner that inspires trust and confidence.
- Strong interpersonal skills to facilitate collaboration across teams and functions.
- Professional demeanor.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration or similar degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency within the Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced skills relative to Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience managing and updating SharePoint sites.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.