The Strategic Operations (StratOps) Strategic Support Unit, consists of Washington DC Operations, Marketing & Communications and Strategic Development. The StratOps team promotes and elevates the business within our markets, works with customers and competition to influence and drive the growth of Ball Aerospace and facilitates collaboration across the business enterprise to increase opportunities.
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a 10-week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in the Ball Aerospace Remote Sensing Team (BIRST) program to build and launch a rocket or high-altitude balloon. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Intern – Marketing & Communications Specialist
This position will be located in Broomfield, CO as may have the possibility of being remote (hybrid) and will be responsible for assisting with communication activities. We need a versatile and enthusiastic individual who can support our marketing activities and communicate about our technologies and people to a variety of audiences.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to research, create, write, edit, and proofread copy and content for company publications, including any of the following:
- Employee digital newsletter
- Internal website
- External website
- Social media
- Press releases
- Technical writing and editing (business proposals)
- Scripts and talking points.
- Support public affairs and outreach activities in the community.
- Assist with the creation of marketing and branding materials.
- Assist with video production and editing.
- Assist with event planning, support and execution of virtual and in-person engagements.
- Support customer engagement activities and projects.
- Provide additional internal and external communications support, as assigned.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2021. We will also accept students enrolled in a post graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Undergraduate or graduate work in Public Relations, Journalism, Technical Communication, Multimedia, Communications, Video, Production or related field preferred.
- Strong writing skills, solid understanding of AP Style.
- Event planning/production.
- Adobe Creative Cloud experience.
- Video and production experience.
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Interest in:
- Feature writing
- Social media
- Press release writing and editing
- Technical writing
- Social media
- STEM and community outreach
- Video production
- Event planning and support
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Action-oriented/Drive for results.
- Strong ethics and integrity.
- Interpersonal savvy.
- Experience and ability to work in a team environment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.