The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a 10-week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in the Ball Aerospace Remote Sensing Team (BIRST) program to build and launch a rocket or high-altitude balloon. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Intern – Supply Chain Tools and Technology
The Tool and Process team members manage the requirements for tool and process changes within Integrated Supply Chain. The team member will ensure a strong link within and between the various supply chain functions, including planning, buying, quality, inventory, and compliance. The individual will drive improvement and streamlining of processes using knowledge of the existing systems and integrating subject matter experts (SME’s) as necessary.
The individual will identify gaps and potential solutions that improve efficiencies, eliminate waste and reduce cycle-time. The individual will provide general support to overall Integrated Supply Chain Management and the Tools, Technology and Analytics Team Leader.
What You’ll Do:
- Document current tools including, but not limited to purpose, business owner, SME’s, ITS owner.
- Document current metrics including, but not limited to purpose, business owner, SME’s, data captured, methods of communication, methods of version control.
- Document metrics requirements, execute changes/upgrades/expansion to metrics to include data visualization, provide methods to monitor for improvement to Integrated Supply Chain.
- Collaborate with Integrated Supply Chain to identify gaps in current tools, metrics, and/or processes.
- Create requirements documentation to be shared with process and/or tool owners for changes to existing system.
- Execute and monitor requests to change, upgrade, or expand tools within ITS.
- Prioritize and provide proactive customer solutions to improve SC efficiencies.
- Integrate analytics to provide intelligence to users to prioritize workload and improve effectiveness.
- Communicate change status across Integrated Supply Chain on a regular basis.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2021. We will also accept students enrolled in a post graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Good organization, scheduling and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Willingness to learn various computer systems to support all levels of administrative duties required.
- Experience with database management, data analysis and visualization preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.