(REMOTE) Associate Content Writer/Editor
At BARR Advisory, we help build a more secure world. Our goal? To provide protection, security and peace of mind to all of our clients, their customers, and our communities. We just happen to work in cybersecurity. Want to join a tight-knit, hard working, FUN team that helps innovative companies reduce risk and keep information secure? We’re excited to meet you, too!Committed to a fair compensation philosophy, BARR offers a highly competitive, top-of-market compensation package.
We are seeking a (remote) Associate Content Writer/Editor to support BARR Advisory’s growing Marketing and Client Services teams. This individual is creative and detail-oriented, a talented writer and editor, with a strong desire to share compelling stories across channels including website, email, blogs, industry articles and social media. In this role, you must know how to research various topics and industry trends to produce accurate, impactful content. Excellent grammar and writing skills are required for this position.
- Brainstorm with the marketing team for new ideas and strategies for effective content that positions BARR as industry thought leaders
- Research markets and industries to create original, accurate content
- Develop content on a wide variety of IT and cybersecurity-related topics for multiple channels, including website, blogs, articles, and social media
- Use your attention to detail and knowledge of AP style to edit technical reports
- Typical responsibilities include: writing and editing content for emails, digital campaign ads, PR pitches, and more, to extend BARR’s reach in the cybersecurity and compliance B2B markets
- Support the marketing team in all editorial efforts (e.g. copywriting, proofreading, white paper content)
- Identify industry trends and insights, and brainstorm creative growth strategies/processes
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, creative writing or a related field
- One (1) year of professional experience, preferably from within a professional services firm or ad agency
- A desire to take on new challenges, grow and learn every day
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a larger team in a fast-paced environment
- Interest in learning best practices of SEO/SEM, marketing database, email marketing, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Organized with strong project management and communication skills
- Must be deadline-oriented, a self-starter and have a positive attitude
- Interest in the tech space, IT auditing, cybersecurity, and compliance a plus
- Some graphic design experience a plus
- Knowledge of Google Suite, SalesForce a plus
Job Perks and Benefits
- Working from home or an office location of your choice!
- Competitive salary, incentive-based compensation, paid holidays
- Generous 401k plan with employer matching
- Health benefits
- Work-life balance: BARR associates enjoy five weeks paid time off
- Fun, collaborative environment with a tight-knit team
Interested applicants should send their résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About BARR Advisory
At BARR Advisory, we exist to simplify the path to security and compliance for a more secure world. We empower innovative technology companies and cloud service providers to anticipate, navigate, and respond to issues related to risk, cybersecurity, and compliance. Businesses looking for the accessibility of a boutique firm with the tools and expertise of a global consulting firm will find a partner in us.
Based in Kansas City, Mo with virtual associates across the U.S., BARR is looking for a dynamic individual to join our team and help build BARR’s future. If you enjoy working in a fun, collaborative environment with a tight-knit team, then we want to hear from you!
BARR Advisory is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.