Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency. We work with growing brands to build digital platforms and launch marketing campaigns. Clients include L’Oreal, Amazon, Barry’s, Well+Good, Dr. Jart+, and Scholastic as well as various emerging consumer lifestyle brands.
We are currently looking for an Account Director to join our team. As a remote-first company, you may work from anywhere in the US.
At Barrel, the Account Director is responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations of an assigned account(s), often with support from an Account Manager. Responsibilities for this particular role will have an emphasis on cross-channel project management across various phases of strategy, creative and development.
• Lead the day-to-day operations of a client account(s), with minimal direction and oversight from Director
• Create and present marketing plans, strategies, and proactive ideas to help clients achieve goals, secure and expand agency relationships, and grow agency billings.
• Prepare and update project briefs, timelines, status reports, conference reports, and other supporting materials
• Effectively lead client meetings and internal meetings (e.g. status meetings, project kickoffs, etc.), making important, relevant contributions, and generating workable conclusions
• Review all agency deliverables to ensure they meet client strategy and expectations
• Lead development of project estimates, scopes and staffing plans
• Determine client pricing strategies and conducts retainer negotiations (where applicable)
• Oversee account profitability and recommend account changes and/or identify opportunities to meet or exceed revenue goals
• Stay alert for new opportunities to grow existing client business and agency billings
• Receive client feedback on agency performance and recommends action to improve or maintain client satisfaction
• Ensure account team follows both client and agency processes
• Build a strong knowledge of client brand and industry, conducting industry research, competitive analysis and/or other research tasks as assigned by supervisor
• Participate in net new business initiatives, including proposals and pitches, as assigned by Director
• Organize and maintain all project files on the server and within project management tools
• Handle other duties as assigned by Director
• 7-10 years of account management experience in the advertising/marketing industry
• Digital experience strongly preferred, but not required
• Proven experience managing digital projects from planning through execution
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities and succeed in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to apply common sense understanding in order to carry out detailed instructions, and to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables
• Self-motivated and detail-oriented
• Level-headed and positive under pressure
• Naturally curious and highly proactive, with a passion for learning new skills
Barrel offers competitive salary, health/dental/vision coverage, paid vacation, half-day Fridays all year round, remote home setup stipend, profit sharing, 401k match, and a professional development stipend. Most importantly, we work on projects that truly impact our clients’ businesses and attract team members who love to be challenged with tough problems and fast-paced work.
To apply, please fill out our online application form below. We will not accept applications that do not come through the online application form.