BASIS Phoenix is seeking a Special Education Assistant to start ASAP!
BASIS.ed School teams offer an incredible opportunity to be deeply involved in an academic community that is dynamic, exciting and unpredictable. You’ll join others in a highly social, supportive and collaborative environment.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work one-on-one with a student with special needs in general education settings (classrooms, halls, lunchroom, playground, etc.)
- Assist student with staying on task during classwork and class activities
- Encourage student’s social and emotional development
- Reinforce positive behavior
- Liaise with the SPED coordinator, parents and other stakeholders
- Support the learning expert teacher and the subject expert teachers in the classroom
- Maintain confidentiality of student records and progress information
- Ability to assist with adaptive technology
- Enthusiastic about working with students with special needs
- Perform other duties as requested
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree and valid fingerprint clearance are required to assist in the coordination of special education at BASIS.ed.
Additional experience required:
- Experience working with children, especially children with special needs such as Autism or behavior issues
- Experience with teaching and/or tutoring
- Understanding of behavior support/modification
- Familiarity with inclusion of special needs students within the general education setting
Preferred Qualifications: The preferred applicant specializes in autistic support and should demonstrate knowledge and credibility to parents, students, staff, supervisors, and outside agencies through oral and written communication that is timely, confident, and articulate. Experience working with children, ability to perform tasks with precision (attention to detail, adherence to timelines), excellent organizational skills and facility with office technology, and be open to new ideas in education. The ideal candidate will specialize in autistic support.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term “BASIS” refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.