We are seeking a founding member for our Technical Documentation organization to support our growing ecosystem of developers and customers.
The role will be an opportunity for you to define a vision and strategy for the group and execute on that plan. You will work closely with the stakeholders at all levels of our company and drive the scope and direction of our documentation deliverables.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the architecture, design, and implementation of Beacon Platform and its various product lines.
- Work with internal Subject Matter Experts and stakeholders to create client facing documentation.
- Contribute / facilitate internal communications by hosting monthly calls, announcements, release notes, newsletters and more.
- Define Beacon’s branding and style guidelines.
- Assist internal teams with creating and using templates, formatting and editing documents to ensure they align with the said guidelines.
- Manage our knowledge-sharing sites such as Confluence and GSuite.
- Craft beautiful technical documentation that meets / exceeds the agreed document requirements
Day to day responsibilities:
- Understand the needs of our client bases technical documentation.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to obtain an in-depth understanding of our product and the documentation requirements.
- Consolidate / prune existing documentation to create a coherent client user experience.
- Document complex technical topics and processes into formats useful to laymen
- Build a benefit-focused user guide and “What’s New” content with a strong focus on content architecture for quick comprehension.
- Research and produce a high volume of client-facing documentation for an ever-evolving product.
- Write effective documentation to be delivered in both online manual format and at client requests.
- Successfully translate conclusions from usability testing and academic research into concrete user documentation.
- Build templates for documentation so that team members can draft them with less effort.
- Work with subject matter experts in order to ensure that specialized topics are appropriately addressed and discussed
- Prepare / commission graphics and illustrations to elaborate on or complement technical writing
Leadership / management responsibilities:
- Provide thought-leadership on the design and implementation of Beacon Platform technical documentation, define and execute on a documentation strategy
- Define the processes and tools for the documentation lifecycle
- Host internal training sessions to discuss documentation lifecycle: development, revision and turnover
- Work with stakeholders to map out documentation strategies and schedules
- Evaluate and provide feedback for improvement to documentation creation tools and documentation lifecycle.
- Generate innovative ideas for content and workflow solutions, while working both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Work closely with user experience designers to devise documentation solutions and create concise labeling for product interfaces.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Ability to manage a high volume of simultaneous projects and priorities independently, in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to proofread and edit well
- Demonstrable experience with coordinating tasks, and following tasks and projects through completion
- Ability to design and maintain document templates and document lifecycles
- Five or more years of relevant experience producing technical documentation, preferably in in cloud based platforms
- Experience working in a global virtual environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Good time management, organizational, and decision-making skills. Good judgement and tact.
- Ability to understand and integrate cultural differences and motives, and ability to work with cross cultural teams
- Excellent communication skills, able to work with global stakeholders in a variety of roles.
- Demonstrated ability to scope, resource, plan, track, and execute against a schedule-driven delivery timeline, in close collaboration with other stakeholders teams.
- Strong proven technical writing with the ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts.
- Active learner who is undaunted by highly technical and scientific content.
- Strong, flexible writing skills appropriate for a client audience, with the ability to pivot between a conversational and more formal tone, depending on the deliverable.
- Experience in a role which required a working understanding of financial markets and multiple asset types, including equities, bonds, and derivatives, as well as the technology surrounding them.
- Aptitude for strong visual display of information and image production as part of effective content design.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to gather information from technical and business stakeholders.
- Ability to take sophisticated topics and break them down to documents that can speak to technical and non-technical people, depending upon the audience.
- Ability to analyze and transform custom financial tools and analytics into accurate, user-friendly documentation.
- Self-directed and can complete tasks autonomously from start to finish once provided with the necessary information and tools
- 5 or more years of technical writing experience in a software R&D environment, with both end-user and systems documentation.
- Track record of success interacting with all levels of staff and management, including business specialists, development teams, and senior management.
- Proven experience producing technical documentation within engineering teams.
- Ability to read code and perform technical steps in order to produce developer documentation.
- Experience gathering information through various sources to build comprehensive documentation.
- Comfort documenting APIs in a programming language such as Python.
- The ability to quickly learn and use new software applications.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the audience and the documentation required by meeting with colleagues, and working with managers to discuss technical problems
- Researches and builds knowledge about products, services, technology, or concepts to be documented
- Determines the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension and writes and edits technical information accordingly
- Proficiency with Confluence / G Suite and other document management systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio)
- Experience with CI / CD / Agile development workflows
- Experience writing formulas in Excel.
- Strong written and verbal English language skills are required
What we offer:
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- Great work spaces with dedicated and motivated colleagues
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skill set
- Competitive compensation package