Program Support Summer Intern 2021
Bean Group Global (BGG) is a dynamic woman-owned small business that designs tailored, highly effective organizational development solutions for global international organizations, U.S. government agencies, and private and public-sector organizations. Our specific areas of expertise are in capacity building, leadership development and learning, strategic planning, among many others.
BGG seeks an intellectually curious, current undergraduate student to be an integral part of our team during summer 2021 and support our business development and program implementation processes. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on industry experience while learning from experts in the field. Interns will be exposed to a depth and breadth of knowledge in international and organizational development processes.
The Program Support Summer Internship at BGG is 10 weeks long from June – August 2021 (start/end dates flexible). Interns must be able to work between 32 – 40 hours per week for the duration of the program.
Start date: June 7
End date: August 17
This position is flexible, with the option for interns to carry out their responsibilities entirely remotely, in-person, or a mix of both. Our headquarters are located in Easthampton, MA.
BGG is looking for individuals with interest, experience or knowledge in the following areas:
- International development
- Global health
- Public policy
- Virtual learning
- Leadership development
- Organizational development
- Communications, marketing & social media
- Assist with editing, formatting and supporting the creation of social media posts and graphics, presentation materials, etc.
- Assist with preparation for meetings, and scheduling as well as set up and help with note-taking, dissemination of notes, and action items for internal team meetings.
- Support desk research, literature reviews and summarize findings/information in technical documents, reports, and related materials as needed.
- Support additional technical and logistical project implementation processes
- Support administrative needs such as organizing project documents and project files and other tasks/duties as needed.
- Is currently enrolled in an undergraduate program
- Ideal candidates will have an interest, experience, or knowledge in international public health, international development, policy, leadership development and/or education.
- Experience with virtual learning and virtual event production is a plus.
- Regional knowledge of South-East Asia and West-Africa a plus, but not required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Analytical thinker and problem solver.
- Demonstrable editing skills.
- French language proficiency, especially reading and writing a plus.
- Data visualization and analysis skills present a strong advantage.
Other types of interests, knowledge areas and skill-sets are also welcomed, including:
- Statistical analysis
- Survey design
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI)
- Has completed at least two years of college coursework.
- Has excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Is available to work full-time throughout the 10-week internship.
- Is eligible to work in the United States (including CPT/OPT)
Please send a resume, thoughtful cover letter, and an optional 1-2 page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Letters should be addressed to Ms. Brianna Reed. In your letter, please outline how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, or could carry over to fulfill the responsibility requirements. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. For more information about Bean Group Global, please visit our website (www.beangroupglobal.com) and LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/bean-group-global)