Beckon Sales Data Analytics Intern – Remote
For Academic Credit
Beckon is looking for an energetic, creative and enthusiastic summer intern to help evaluate and analyze our sales and retail marketing programs. As a small team there is a lot of opportunity for all team members to gain broad and varied experience, taking areas of interest into consideration. We all wear many hats and have an all-hands-on deck mentality. This position will be remote, working alongside the founders and other team members.
This position would report to the Sales & Retail Marketing Manager, Samantha McNulty and the co-founder of Beckon, Katy Flannery. Beckon HQ is located in Allston, but this internship will be remote. Our company values hard work, respect, passion, proactivity and friendship. Since the company started with friendship (Gwen and Katy began as college friends), having fun and taking time to do things as a team is an important part of our culture.
Beckon is the first premium, lactose free ice cream that is still made from real dairy! It is made with all the same ingredients as traditional premium ice cream and we add the lactase enzyme to eliminate the lactose. We have a values-based sourcing philosophy and our mission is to show lactose-free consumers that living lactose-free doesn’t have to mean living dairy-free or compromising with substitutes. Beckon has been featured on BostonMagazine.com, Chronicle, Thrillist, and more. Beckon also won the 2018 New England Business Association Innovation Award in the Rising Star category.
- Analyze collected data from our merchandising field team
- Find trends, identify opportunities, and suggest improvements to merchandising efforts
- Evaluate merchandising efforts based on sales reports
- Provide manager with a weekly report
- Create a final presentation and report on findings
- Create and execute an individual summer long project that will help grow Beckon. Throughout the summer the Beckon team will serve as advisors that you can schedule 1×1 with to help assist and mentor
- LOVE OF FOOD AND ICE CREAM
- Passionate about building brands, entrepreneurship, and changing food for the better
- Cheerful, positive, proactive attitude is an absolute MUST!
- Superb communication skills and an abundance of enthusiasm
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to multitask efficiently
- Understanding of Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint required
- Interest in data analytics and reporting
- Major in economics, business, or data analytics preferred
- Undergraduate student
- Must be able to receive college credit
- Mondays to Thursdays starting Tuesday May 25th to Wednesday August 11th
- Mandatory availability on these dates:
- Orientation: Tuesday May 25th – Thursday May 27th
- Final Project Presentations and Send-Off: Monday August 9th- Wednesday August 11th
- ICE CREAM!!!
- Welcome package with Beckon swag and other surprises
- Weekly Lunch and Learns with Founders, Foodie Friends, and other food industry veterans
- A fun, energetic remote work environment complete with resident Beckon Barker Ruthie (see our insta @beckonicecream to see how adorable she is)
- Learn about start-up life from a fast growing ice cream company
- Weekly entrepreneurial podcast discussions
- Monthly intern remote social gatherings (i.e. ice cream tasting, yoga, etc.)