Beckon Supply Chain Intern – Remote
For Academic Credit
Beckon is looking for a Supply Chain Intern who is eager to learn more about the ins and outs of working in Supply Chain and food manufacturing. This role will help with the entire supply chain journey of making our product. Examples include participating in new product brainstorming sessions, making sure we have all the ingredients stocked, production planning and forecasting future needs. The Supply Chain Intern can expect to have immediate business impact and Beckon Leadership will look forward to hearing this person’s recommendations!
This position would report to the Supply Chain Manager, Patrick Birch and the co-founder of Beckon, Katy Flannery. Beckon HQ is located in Allston, but this internship will be remote. Our company values hard work, respect, passion, proactivity and friendship. Since the company started with friendship (Gwen and Katy began as college friends), having fun and taking time to do things as a team is an important part of our culture.
- Learn about the ice cream industry, food manufacturing and new product planning at Beckon
- Work on many different things. We’re a small team and no one day is the same
- Help place orders for raw materials and forecast future needs
- Plan finished good production to ensure ice cream is always in stock
- Source key materials and services that Beckon currently uses or may use in the future
- Work cross-functionally with Beckon leadership and peers
- Currently enrolled in a supply chain, business or finance program and can receive college credit for an internship.
- Has an interest in learning more about working for a CPG company and ice cream specifically
- Be authorized to work in the United States. At this time we’re unable to provide sponsorship for our Intern positions
- Mondays to Thursdays starting Tuesday May 25th to Wednesday August 11th
- Mandatory availability on these dates:
- Orientation: Tuesday May 25th – Thursday May 27th
- Final Project Presentations and Send-Off: Monday August 9th- Wednesday August 11th
- ICE CREAM!!!
- Welcome package with Beckon swag and other surprises
- Weekly Lunch and Learns with Founders, Foodie Friends, and other food industry veterans
- A fun, energetic remote work environment complete with resident Beckon Barker Ruthie (see our insta @beckonicecream to see how adorable she is)
- Learn about start-up life from a fast growing ice cream company
- Weekly entrepreneurial podcast discussions
- Monthly intern remote social gatherings (i.e. ice cream tasting, yoga, etc.)