Small but busy Boston law firm with sophisticated practice (concentrating in business, civil litigation and estate planning and administration) seeks candidate for 2021-2022 Legal Assistant program. Full-time position providing in depth exposure to core areas of civil practice. Diverse responsibilities include:
* Litigation support – preparing for court and arbitration proceedings, filing court documents, assisting with discovery, etc.
* Drafting contracts, trust and estate documents, pleadings, and legal memoranda
* Forming corporate entities and assisting with transactional diligence
* Front desk duties (including greeting clients, answering phones and processing mail/deliveries)
* Word processing, billing, interacting with vendors
Firm seeks intelligent, motivated, computer-literate, detail-oriented person who is capable of juggling multiple tasks and supporting a number of attorneys in different legal areas.
Ideal candidate is considering attending law school. Alums from our Legal Assistant program include graduates of first tier law schools, a Fulbright scholar, and attorneys at global law firms and the Attorney General’s Office.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
* Excellent oral, writing, and interpersonal skills
* Ability to multi-task
* Strong attention to detail
* Must take initiative and work independently
* Web design and maintenance skills a strong plus
* Must have solid understanding of Word
* Must be phone savvy and customer service-oriented
Late spring/early summer 2021
Please forward cover letter and resume to:
Belcher Fitzgerald LLP
Two Oliver Street, Suite 302
Boston, MA 02110