Beloved Community is hiring a Program Coordinator for our business development activities. Our Capacity Building team is responsible for cultivating, expanding and sustaining the relationships that are at the core of our consulting practice. We understand that data collection and analysis is not neutral and this Program Coordinator will deepen our business development practice. Through supporting core activities like client referral tracking, strategic proposal writing, revenue and impact
reporting and relationship management, the Program Coordinator will enable our team to identify, engage and secure partners that are aligned to our commitment to drive sustainable, regional economic equity.
The Program Coordinator is a talented oral and written communicator who is passionate about helping leaders think both boldly and practically about their DEI agenda. As the person who drafts the majority of our proposals, the Program Coordinator has amazing attention to detail and is an excellent organizer who can balance multiple initiatives and work streams at once. They thrive on the manipulation and use of data and get excited by the story it can tell. They are confident on multiple tech platforms and can learn new platforms quickly. Most importantly, the Program Coordinator is highly adaptable and can pivot program support in real-time.
The Program Coordinator will report to the Sr. Director, Capacity Building and work closely with the Director, Finance & Operations and Director, Data & Analysis to provide integral support Beloved’s business development efforts through an array of functions like reporting, analysis, client engagement, marketing and logistics.
Though remote, we provide a collaborative and interactive team that demands flexibility and constant communication while encouraging individual ideation and approach.
What You Bring
- You possess excellent oral and written communication skills. You will be drafting 95% of our proposals and are excited to articulate and describe the support necessary for leaders to turn their equity commitments into action.
- You are highly collaborative. We expect to manage your own arena but also spend an equal amount of time collaborating with all the other departments within Beloved.
- You are clear about your growth areas. You’re not afraid to communicate your areas of development or ask for support. You value accuracy and transparency in your work.
- You possess the ability to solve common technology problems in public settings.
- You are flexible and adaptable to adjusting in both day-to-day and larger-scale activities based on new information and situations.
- You are comfortable with working under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly proficient and knowledgeable in the Microsoft suite, Google suite (equally comfortable with slide decks, spreadsheets, and documents), and Zoom.
- The ability to embed organizational values and an equity lens into operations practices.
- Self-awareness about personal identities as well as knowledge of anti-bias and anti-racism frameworks and how they impact operating practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse personalities and professional backgrounds.
- An enthusiastic approach to problem prediction and problem solving.
- Ability to learn new software platforms quickly. This team currently uses Insightly, Asana, and Toggl for tracking different aspects of client life cycle.
- Service-driven, collaborative, and have a spirit of doing what it takes to get the job done.
- Support scheduling and logistics of client/partner meetings between the Capacity Building team and participants; participate in meetings for notetaking and follow-up
- Manage Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software:
- Enter new lead and client contact data including individual clients, communities of practice, and Equity Audit debrief clients (in partnership with the Education & Programming Team and Data Team)
- Track external outreach & follow up, incl. client cultivation, strategic partnerships and speaking engagements
- Use templates to draft proposals and budgets for Director approval
- Develop one-pagers, slide decks and other marketing materials needed to share Beloved’s story with potential clients/partners
- Research, procure, and distribute any client/partner appreciation swag, greeting cards, care packages/flowers and/or gifts
- Assist with onsite logistics for client appreciation or client engagement activities, working in close collaboration with the operations team
Reporting & Analysis
- Provide internal reporting for key internal metrics such as “Wins in Pipeline”, “Wins Secured”, quarterly revenue analysis, staff utilization, etc.
- Partner w/Data Team and Education & Programming Team to identify key impact metrics for both strategic analysis and marketing/story-telling.
- Provide research on potential clients, industries and regions for strategic review and analysis
- Track data on client readiness assessment, proposal matrix, and proposal outcomes
- Participate in the hiring, training, supervising and/or evaluating of Beloved staff as needed.
- Support the overall administrative efficiency of the Capacity Building team by serving as a problem-solver and:
- Be able to clearly internalize, personalize and communicate Beloved Community’s theory of change, mission, model, services and unique value proposition.
As a result of your program coordination, Beloved Community will have more deeply engaging, consistent client/partner engagement and business cultivation. Clients and partners will feel confident in Beloved’s capacity to support complex communities. The Capacity Building team will outperform revenue expectations while maintaining balanced, healthy and thriving quality of life.
Location: Remote with bases in New Orleans and Memphis
Salary: $45k – $55k
Benefits: Unlimited vacation, flexible work hours, health and dental benefits, phone stipend, work from home stipend, team sabbatical, professional development stipend
Day In The Life
30% Internal team support
30% Client support