Beloved Community is hiring a Program Coordinator. Our programs are the heart of our consulting practice and include deep dive facilitations, coordinating regional communities of practice, conference presentations, public panels, and webinars. We coach other organizations on how to operationalize their commitments to diversity, equity and inclusion, so the Program Coordinator is integral to our own equity in action.
The Program Coordinator has amazing attention to detail and is an excellent organizer who can balance multiple projects at once. They are confident on multiple tech platforms and can learn new platforms quickly. Most importantly, the Program Coordinator is highly adaptable and can pivot program support in real-time.
The Program Coordinator will report to the Director, Education & Programming and work closely with the Associate Directors of Equity in Schools and Equity at Work to support the Education & Programming team through an array of functions such as client management, program management, and program logistics.
Though remote, we are a collaborative and interactive team that requires flexibility and constant communication while encouraging individual ideation and approach.
What You Bring
- You are highly collaborative. We expect you to manage your own arena but also spend an equal amount of time collaborating with all the other departments within Beloved.
- You are clear about your growth areas. You’re not afraid to communicate your areas of development or ask for support. You value accuracy and transparency in your work.
- You are tech savvy. Ability to solve common technology problems in public settings. You have knowledge of computer hardware and software troubleshooting.
- You are able to adapt. You can flex and adjust to both day-to-day and larger-scale activities based on new information and situations.
- You are able to persevere. You are comfortable working under the pressure of meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- You center people in all of your work. You do not sacrifice relationships and collaboration for the sake of urgency or outcomes.
- Highly proficient and knowledgeable in the Microsoft suite, Google suite (slide decks, spreadsheets, and documents), and Zoom Meeting and Conferencing platforms.
- The ability to embed organizational values and an equity lens into operations practices.
- Self-awareness about personal identities, as well as, knowledge of anti-bias and anti-racism frameworks and how they impact operating practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse personalities and professional backgrounds.
- An enthusiastic approach to problem prediction and problem solving.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Service-driven, collaborative, and have a spirit of doing what it takes to get the job done.
- Build and manage client contact lists, including individual clients, communities of practice, and Equity Audit debrief clients.
- Maintain contact information for consultants and field experts who assist with Education & Programming work
- Create and manage spreadsheets to track external outreach, participant recruitment and demographics.
- Schedule meetings between the project team and participants; participate in meetings for notetaking and follow-up
- Schedule the facilitators, consultants, guest speakers & tech team for each session
- Schedule internal team prep sessions for each facilitation
- Support the tracking of learning from convenings and events
- Establish a detailed timeline and project-management plan for each project (convenings, reports, grant proposals and reports, etc.), in collaboration with Education & Programming and Operations team
- Track project expenditures and liaise with Finance and Operations team on program budget reporting
- Assemble electronic and hard-copy binders, folders and other materials to help prepare participants and staff for convenings
- Compile meeting materials and organize a process for printing and disseminating materials in advance of each event
- Collect and aggregate data and feedback for facilitators
- Assist the team in sourcing and purchasing texts for sessions and convenings
- Assist with minor slide deck updates as needed
- Participate in the hiring, training, supervising and/or evaluating of program staff as needed.
- Manage the private cohort facebook groups/social media pages and online course communities/discussion boards.
- Research local, preferably BIPOC owned companies for the, procurement, and distribution of participant swag, care packages, and guest presenter gifts
- Assist with onsite logistics in-person convenings, working in close collaboration with the operations team,
- Support the overall administrative efficiency of the Education & Programming team by serving as a problem-solver, and
- Support the operations team with collecting, organizing, and producing meeting and presentation materials (including name tents and tags, meeting agendas and participant lists), publication inventory, printing, shipping and copying as necessary.
As a result of your program coordination, Beloved Community will have more deeply engaging, consistent program execution. Clients and partners will feel confident in Beloved’s capacity to support complex communities. The Education & Programming team will outperform budget expectations while not compromising on client experience.
Location: Remote with bases in New Orleans and Memphis
Salary: $45k – $55k
Benefits: Unlimited vacation, flexible work hours, health and dental benefits, phone stipend, work from home stipend, team sabbatical, professional development stipend
Day In The Life
30% Internal team support
30% Client support