Top CPA and advisory firm Berdon LLP is looking for an intern for their State and Local Tax Practice area (SALT).
Learn how an accounting firm operates as you work side-by-side with our partners and staff. You will become familiar with the various tax forms and their corresponding filing requirements and learn what information is critical to preparing individual tax returns. Interns also gain exposure to the accounting software used in preparing taxes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Research multistate state and local taxes issues
- Preparing Sales and State Tax Returns
- Assisting with State Tax notices and examinations
- Apply basic accounting principles and tax research to engagements
- Various administrative tasks, as needed
To qualify, you must fulfill these requirements:
- Accounting Major (150 credit track);
- Minimum 3.0 GPA;
- Sophomore or Junior;
- Available at least 3 days a week (business hrs. 9am – 5pm);
- Hours per week- 20-35 hrs. (flexible to accommodate);
- Hourly rate is $22.
All interns have the ability to work remotely during COVID