Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Jefferies Financial Group, is a leader in the commercial real estate industry, offering a robust suite of services to our multifamily and commercial property clients. Powered by deep relationships and industry-changing technology, our people sell, finance, and service commercial real estate, providing support for the entire life cycle of our clients’ assets. Our unique ownership structure allows us to put the client’s interests first and creates a marketplace that delivers a superior experience.
Data Research Intern
(Remote Summer Internship)
Now is a great time to join Berkadia! We are on the verge of transforming into a technology powerhouse in the commercial mortgage and financial services industry. We are looking for strong and talented individuals to help us along this journey.
As an intern with our Product Team you will work closely with Product Leadership and Data Science to validate the quality and accuracy of the data, perform research and test the functionality of our digital products.
- Tests Data Analytics products including software functionality, user flow, design implementation
- Evaluates data accuracy utilizing data aggregation and calculations to verify graphs, data analyses, and map layers
- Proactively evaluates user interface for continual improvement of the user experience
- Directs quality assurance and user acceptance testing by writing test plans (where applicable) and managing the execution of testing (Unit and UAT)
Education and Experience
- Must be enrolled in an accredited BA/BS degree program with a concentration in Computer Science. Analytics or related field
- Must have completed at least 2 semesters of course work
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Prior intern experience a plus
- Proficiency in Excel is required
- Capability in PowerBI is a plus
- Understanding of database theory and design a plus
- Basic understanding of how data is presented graphically and how to interpret visual data analyses
- Attention to detail and ability to track data correctly is a must
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
Berkadia is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Applicants who require accommodations to participate in the interview process should contact the Talent Acquisition Team to arrange for such accommodations by emailing: Talent.Acquisition@Berkadia.com