BERLINER, CORCORAN & ROWE
1101 17th Street, NW, Ste. 1100
Washington, DC 20036
Full Time Entry Level
$ 34,500 starting
March 1, 2021
Mid-size DC law firm serving local and international clientele. Practice areas include general, corporate, transactional, international, and technology, and more. Visit our website at www.bcr-dc.com.
Legal assistant works with two attorneys in the firm and assists especially one partner in his practice of international law, with a focus on international white-collar crime. This partner is also the founder of an international enforcement law journal, the International Enforcement Law Reporter (ielr.com), to which the legal assistant would be assistant editor.
This position is ideal for a candidate seeking a substantive entry-level position learning about international law and considering law school. This is not a typical entry-level legal assistant position: it requires a very high level of responsibility and initiative.
While the legal assistant can work part-time remotely during the pandemic, the job requires the person to occasionally be on-site. Must live in the D.C. area or be willing to relocate.
- College degree, strong academic credentials
- Strong organizational and research skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Computer and internet proficiency an absolute must
- Interest in international law desired
- Prior legal experience helpful but not required
- Spanish or Portuguese language helpful but not required
- Editing & production of correspondence & other related documents
- Editing and production of monthly journal and blog on international law, the International Enforcement Law Reporter (www.ielr.com)
- Maintaining, updating and marketing publication’s website
- Light clerical tasks and monthly bookkeeping
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to: