· Participate in the selection process of BEST’s job seeker classes, screening applicants and determining their program compatibility.
· Assist clients with resume and cover letter preparation, submitting online applications, and preparing them for interviews.
· Facilitate career development training and workshops.
· Assist with class preparation, online classes, administrative duties, and more.
· Interest in working with diverse populations.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with positive and enthusiastic demeanor.
· Strong technology skills and the patience to work with individuals remotely using technology.
· Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
· Self-motivated and willing to take initiative.
Location: Majority is virtual; occasional in-person at Boston or Medford sites
Hours: Part-Time, flexible hours, may include some evenings; willing to offer number of hours required by school
Supervisors: Lori Sylvia, Apprenticeship Director, and Dorrie Nord, Lead Skills Instructor
This internship will allow students to gain professional work experience in a collaborative, team environment. It will provide exposure to the full-cycle employment process from selection, training, application, placement, to retention. It will also allow the students to use Salesforce, and experience online adult education with a diverse population.
This internship is particularly relevant for those majoring in Psychology, Counseling, Education, Human Services, Social Work, Sociology & Social Change, Global Studies, Human Resources, and Business Management.
This is an unpaid internship and the intern must be receiving school or academic credit for the internship.
If you are interested in this internship, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Lori Sylvia at Lsylvia@BESThtc.org.